Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
Autumn above the Arctic Circle (2)
Lens: Samyang 24mm, DA*300mm Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Abisko National Park, Sweden ISO: 100 
Posted By: Fries, 09-28-2020, 03:48 PM

Since the first batch of photo's from Northern Sweden has been welcomed so nicely I offer those who are interested a second series.


Cheers,

Remco

1.



2.



3. This is wat remains of the time Swedish troops guarded this area against the Germans that occupied Norway.



4. Autumn leaves on the shore.



5.


Views: 333
09-28-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
maw's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sassari (Italy)
Posts: 1,080
Hello Fries,

Very interesting and mysterious, they document very well the climate and the flora in this period, can you tell what kind of fish or animals are there at those latitudes?

Bye and have fun.
09-29-2020, 06:09 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,330
Another terrific series Fries! I am really drawn to the third one with the remains of the stone wall in the foreground.
09-29-2020, 06:20 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,406
I am enjoying this part of your world. Richness with out the lushness if that makes sense. Makes the fall colors stand out. The last one is my favorite but I like all of them.

09-30-2020, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Fries's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gauw
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,384
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Hello Fries,

Very interesting and mysterious, they document very well the climate and the flora in this period, can you tell what kind of fish or animals are there at those latitudes?

Bye and have fun.
Thanks Mario! I cannot give you al full account of all the wildlife that is there. What I encountered over the years are moose and reindeer and small animals like the stoat, lots of lemming and the occasional mice. Lots of birds ranging from the grouse to the solitary sandpiper to birds of prey like the golden eagle, different kind of owls and skua's. I have caught big, wild brown trout, nice char and sea char, salmon and sea trout and de common whitefish. Also perch and pike. In and about National Park Sarek yn Northern Sweden there are European brown bears too and some wolves. In Norway those bears are mostly found in National Park Ovre Pasvik near the Russian border. A have not encountered any bears but I friend of mine found the remains of a moose killed by a bear in the wilderness near Ovre Annarjohka not that very far from the Finnish border.

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Another terrific series Fries! I am really drawn to the third one with the remains of the stone wall in the foreground.
Thanks Todd! Great, strategic view from that place which makes sense.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I am enjoying this part of your world. Richness with out the lushness if that makes sense. Makes the fall colors stand out. The last one is my favorite but I like all of them.
Susan, thanks! I hesitate to call it my world. I do have al lot of experience roaming around the wildernesses above the arctic circle but I live in one the most densely populated countries of the world; the Netherlands. Up north were I live the population density isn't that bad especially on the country side.
09-30-2020, 06:57 PM   #6
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
maw's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sassari (Italy)
Posts: 1,080
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
I cannot give you al full account of all the wildlife that is there.
Thank you Fries for your disanimity, fortunately you stopped.

I think instead you know those places well and consequently the flora and fauna, this is important because in the face of places where peace and tranquility reigns unchallenged
there are others where it becomes increasingly difficult to find a single bird or tree, unless you go to the botanical garden or zoo.

The photos, reflect a feeling of peace and tranquility, beautiful in their solitude. One day (maybe) I will tell you where I wanted to go...

Good continuation...Mario
10-01-2020, 12:15 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Fries's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gauw
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,384
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Thank you Fries for your disanimity, fortunately you stopped.

I think instead you know those places well and consequently the flora and fauna, this is important because in the face of places where peace and tranquility reigns unchallenged
there are others where it becomes increasingly difficult to find a single bird or tree, unless you go to the botanical garden or zoo.

The photos, reflect a feeling of peace and tranquility, beautiful in their solitude. One day (maybe) I will tell you where I wanted to go...

Good continuation...Mario
Thanks Mario! If you dream destination is anywhere in the North of Norway and that dream is still alive I might be able to offer some assistance and help. Just shoot me a personal message and I see what I can do.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
abisko, autumn, camera, photo, sweden
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landscape Autumn above the Arctic Circle Fries Post Your Photos! 17 10-05-2020 02:47 PM
Astrotrackers or barndoor trackers near the arctic circle. krazny Photographic Technique 10 02-04-2019 03:59 PM
Travel A hike above the Arctic circle Fries Post Your Photos! 15 02-02-2019 09:56 AM
Travel A hike above the Arctic circle; second batch of photo's Fries Post Your Photos! 9 09-07-2018 03:58 PM
Hello from Arctic Circle, Finland! Jan178 Welcomes and Introductions 8 05-01-2013 02:52 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:36 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top