Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Another round of droplets, plus an unexpected bonus, plus an offer!!!
Posted By: Marc Langille, 11-07-2008, 08:58 PM

A special deal for everyone: find the unusual situation in this series of images...

First right guess is an 8x10 of an image of your choice printed on an Epson 9800 series printer!!!

Great Blue Heron hunting images:

EXIF:
Camera PENTAX Corporation PENTAX K10D
Exposure Time 0.0006s (1/1600)
Aperture f/5.6
ISO 320
Focal Length 600mm (900mm 35mm)
Photo Dimensions 3872 x 2592

Great Blue Heron:

EXIF:
Exposure Time 0.0012s (1/800)
Aperture f/5.6
ISO 100
Focal Length 250mm (375mm 35mm)
Photo Dimensions 3420 x 2304

Female Mallard:

EXIF:
EXIF:
Date Taken 2008-10-17 15:10:58
Exposure Time 0.0012s (1/800)
Aperture f/6.3
ISO 320
Focal Length 430mm (645mm 35mm)
Photo Dimensions 3872 x 2592

Crop of the above image:

Photo Dimensions 1942 x 1316

I hope you enjoy these images...

Regards,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 11-08-2008 at 09:47 AM. Reason: added photo dimensions to 3rd image
Views: 5,459
11-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
I went through your website and must say I am quite impressed. I know you do great work but seeing it all together is kind of overwhelming and made my decision that much more difficult.

I am attracted to the macro work as that is something I'd like to improve on for my own photography. The dragonfly head image you chose for me is stunning. I'll frame it and put it in my study.

Thanks for your generosity Marc.

(Ps - I'd wager I can pronounce your name with perfection. Sudbury, as you know, has a large French-Canadian population and a bit has rubbed off on me. Do I get a prize for that? Huh, huh? )
I am getting the dragonfly image reprinted - the one I have is a little too dark, since I can barely see my signature on it!! Should have everything ready in a couple of days to ship out for all of you!

Cheers,
Marc

11-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No problem buddy. Take you time! I will send you a picture of it hanging on my wall. cheers JIMBO
11-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just a quick update that the initial round of images were not color profiled correctly, so I'm hoping within the next couple of days the lab will be able to print them with no issues.

Sorry about the delay, and you may have already guessed that I'm a stickler for how my images look, even more so in print!
11-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Just a quick update that the initial round of images were not color profiled correctly, so I'm hoping within the next couple of days the lab will be able to print them with no issues.

Sorry about the delay, and you may have already guessed that I'm a stickler for how my images look, even more so in print!
Nothing like doing it right the first time.... I may have someone interested in one of my shots!!! Will let you know. He may want to use it in one of his companies powerpoint presentations... JIMBO

11-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Nothing like doing it right the first time.... I may have someone interested in one of my shots!!! Will let you know. He may want to use it in one of his companies powerpoint presentations... JIMBO
Excellent news Jim! Keep us posted...

I also am donating a 16x20 of this image to raise funds for my niece's gymnastics team in Ottawa:

The spin off is that another store employee asked what it would cost for her to buy one for a fundraiser, so I cut her a better price offer and she'll get back with me...

BTW, I picked up the prints today... I am VERY, VERY pleased! They all look great, and the above image at 16 x 20 is difficult to describe.

Gary: you may be glad to know that the store manager commented quite positively on the image you selected. I asked him if he really like it and he replied "yes". So I gave him the SD card back and he printed out an 11 x14 for himself. That's my way of thanking him for all the great things they've done for me in the past. Jeff, Jim and Gary: I will sign them and mail them out on Monday!

Regards,
Marc
11-16-2008, 03:10 AM   #51
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
I am getting the dragonfly image reprinted - the one I have is a little too dark, since I can barely see my signature on it!! Should have everything ready in a couple of days to ship out for all of you!

Cheers,
Marc
No problem whatsoever Marc. Go ahead, be a perfectionist!

Thanks for the update.
11-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Thanks Marc... I have always like that fall shot from your web site. Great choice for helping your neice out! I am working on the printing process too as I am limted on my home printer. I have a couple of 16/20's I want to do myself and with a couple of my deer pictures friends want. Gary did pick one fine shot Marc.. he has the eye for the best!! Cheers and keep us in the loop on the calender and other projects!! JIMBO [PS / I am very interested in getting a calender if you go forwarx. I an trying to get one done up from friends and family for Christmas. JIMBO

11-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As they say in Arkansas...

"Yer in trubbel now..." I stopped by the post office and mailed them all out today.

I would expect Gary to receive his by week's end, and Jim/Jeff's should arrive within 6-10 business days from today. All sent via 1st class airmail.

Jimbo or anyone else: the heat is on to get the calendar done by end of the month, so I'm getting ready to dive into it. Is there an order of preference for a water/wading bird calendar, a landscapes calendar or perhaps a wildlife calendar?

Regards,
Marc
11-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #54
Veteran Member

[QUOTE][Jimbo or anyone else: the heat is on to get the calendar done by end of the month, so I'm getting ready to dive into it. Is there an order of preference for a water/wading bird calendar, a landscapes calendar or perhaps a wildlife calendar?
/QUOTE]

You have so many good ones to choose from. I think your landscapes would make one hell of a calendar and I think you could do one just on your water / wading birds too. Placing order for what ever you decide... JIMBO
11-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
[quote=Jimbo;396708]
QuoteQuote:
[Jimbo or anyone else: the heat is on to get the calendar done by end of the month, so I'm getting ready to dive into it. Is there an order of preference for a water/wading bird calendar, a landscapes calendar or perhaps a wildlife calendar?
/QUOTE]

You have so many good ones to choose from. I think your landscapes would make one hell of a calendar and I think you could do one just on your water / wading birds too. Placing order for what ever you decide... JIMBO
Got it Jim! I'm going to wade into it some this weekend and have it wrapped up by Thanksgiving weekend or shortly thereafter.
11-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #56
Damn Brit

Hey Marc, I received the picture, in real life it's awesome. Thank you so much. A frame for it is on my christmas list.
11-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Hey Marc, I received the picture, in real life it's awesome. Thank you so much. A frame for it is on my christmas list.
My pleasure Gary. I truly had forgotten how everything came together for that shot. It was very well received by the folks at the camera store and several people commented quite positively on the images when I was reviewing them at the counter. As you know I like to check everything before heading out!

Regards,
Marc
12-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #58
Inactive Account

Just wanted to say a public "Thank You!" to Marc for the great macro picture you sent to me. It just arrived today.

Now I need to find a suitable frame.
12-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Just wanted to say a public "Thank You!" to Marc for the great macro picture you sent to me. It just arrived today.

Now I need to find a suitable frame.
Thanks Jeff - I think I prefer the photography, since it puts me outdoors! Best on luck on the framing.

Regards,
Marc