Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
This rain never stops ... adios colored fall leaves ...
Lens: DA 55-300 mm HD Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 09-29-2020, 02:17 PM

Pentax K3 + HD DA 55-300 mm f/4-5.8 ED WR @ 100 mm FL and f/8. If this rain doesn't stop soon, we can say "Good Bye" to our beautiful Autumn leaves. The color season is always fickle at best. Leaves are ripe in warm colors for about 10 days and we rarely see sunshine for more than 3 or 4 of these days. Plus I must go to Hospital appointments on 3 consecutive days this week. DAMN !

P.S. This cheap 55-300 mm zoom never ceases to impress me, it is really super sharp, even close-up.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 09-29-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Views: 263
09-29-2020, 04:16 PM   #2
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi,

Because of the rain, you may not be able to shoot flowers or other beautiful compositions, but even the rain has its charm,
in those drops I can see a plot, similar to the skin of a reptile after moulting.

Be patient, do not despair. Mario
09-29-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you for your kind words, Mario ! I was able to gather a few interesting Fall Colors pictures but leaves were barely reaching their full color palette when it started raining. Today and tomorrow they forecast 60 mm of rain and high winds. Bad weather may last even longer into the week-end, so by the time the sun comes back, all the leaves may be gone. We rarely get more than 3 or 4 days to "harvest" our Fall foliage pictures each year. After that, we can only take images of leaves fallen on the ground or of bare trees with maybe red leaves remaining here and there. No two years are alike, sometimes we're lucky, sometimes the odds are against us. Anyway, I'll do my best this year still.

Regards

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 09-29-2020 at 05:18 PM.
09-29-2020, 05:37 PM   #4
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Thank you for your kind words, Mario ! I was able to gather a few interesting Fall Colors pictures but leaves were barely reaching their full color palette when it started raining. Today and tomorrow they forecast 60 mm of rain and high winds. Bad weather may last even longer into the week-end, so by the time the sun comes back, all the leaves may be gone. We rarely get more than 3 or 4 days to "harvest" our Fall foliage pictures each year. After that, we can only take images of leaves fallen on the ground or of bare trees with maybe red leaves remaining here and there. No two years are alike, sometimes we're lucky, sometimes the odds are against us. Anyway, I'll do my best this year still.
Understand you, unfortunately time in general is against us, we must always take advantage of the moments reserved for us.
This is a burst of colors, like the palette of a painter, perhaps the time will be milder and more magnanimous.

Good luck, Mario