Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Sacred Kingfisher
Lens: DA 55-300 Camera: K30 ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: Cee Cee, 10-11-2020, 03:13 PM

Only the second time in 20 years if seen one of these guys in the local park lands along the Moonee Ponds creek Valley, just 50m from my house. I was taking a shot from the other side of the creek, when the kingfisher flew in. I took 3 shots and off he went. This was the best, its cropped in a little, but the picture breaks down if I crop in more. I must have inadvertently bumped the aperture dial (Av mode) of my usual f8 as it was set to f16 and shutter dropped to 1/60s In my hast I didn't check settings so there's some camera shake there, good work by the SR though.
[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2jRB4Zc]Sacred KingfisherMGP4702[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/117018391@N02/]Colin Chester[/url], on Flickr" target="_blank">
Views: 517
10-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
Only the second time in 20 years if seen one of these guys in the local park lands along the Moonee Ponds creek Valley, just 50m from my house. I was taking a shot from the other side of the creek, when the kingfisher flew in. I took 3 shots and off he went. This was the best, its cropped in a little, but the picture breaks down if I crop in more. I must have inadvertently bumped the aperture dial (Av mode) of my usual f8 as it was set to f16 and shutter dropped to 1/60s In my hast I didn't check settings so there's some camera shake there, good work by the SR though.
You grab the photos that present themselves to you - nothing here to analogize for.
10-11-2020, 04:10 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What reh321 said. Thanks for posting, I've never seen one so much appreciated.
10-12-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What a beauty. Well done.

10-12-2020, 09:30 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You got a kingfisher photo which is a start of many future pics . They have great vision but can become accustomed to people who avoid being too aggressive . TFS
10-13-2020, 06:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You grab the photos that present themselves to you - nothing here to analogize for.
thank you for your kind words, cheers

QuoteOriginally posted by foxandcrow Quote
What reh321 said. Thanks for posting, I've never seen one so much appreciated.
thanks for commenting, I was a happy camper

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
What a beauty. Well done.
thank you Susan, cheers

QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
You got a kingfisher photo which is a start of many future pics . They have great vision but can become accustomed to people who avoid being too aggressive . TFS
Thank you for your comments, I certainly hope I see a few more, its been a long time between drinks though, cheers