Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Brokenrama
Lens: SMC Pentax 135mm F2.5 Camera: K-S1 Photo Location: Czech Republic, Europe Aperture: F2.5 
Posted By: hjortron, 10-13-2020, 01:12 PM

I've tried to create a "Bokehrama" (or Brenizer Method) out of 386 multi-row shots. It was plainly impossible to do so with full resolution (20MPix) images, but even after downsizing them to 8%, panorama stitcher failed to find control points correctly as out-of-focus parts with bokeh balls were impossible to link.
Here's the funny result. I dare to post it as there's no dislike button here.
Views: 427
10-14-2020, 06:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hjortron Quote

I've tried to create a "Bokehrama" (or Brenizer Method) out of 386 multi-row shots. It was plainly impossible to do so with full resolution (20MPix) images, but even after downsizing them to 8%, panorama stitcher failed to find control points correctly as out-of-focus parts with bokeh balls were impossible to link.
Here's the funny result. I dare to post it as there's no dislike button here.
The result was interesting - certainly nothing to "dislike" - and while I wouldn't attempt anything like this, I hope it was also instructive.
10-14-2020, 01:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The result was interesting - certainly nothing to "dislike" - and while I wouldn't attempt anything like this, I hope it was also instructive.
Thanks. It indeed was. I wanted to try it and it wasn't as easy as I had thought.
Here's another attempt from the same day a couple of months back (didn't have time to process it until now). Here we have a different problem with overexposed sky resulting in white images hence no control points on them.

Shooting live models as seen on that Wikipedia page must be even higher level.