Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Another Jewel From The Oregon Tulip Festival.
Lens: SMC Takumar F 70~210mm Camera: Pentax K100d Super Photo Location: Woodburn, Oregon ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Tonytee, 10-14-2020, 12:58 AM

Focal Length 210mm, Landscape Exposure Mode, No Fill Flash With CWA Metering.

One more day with very harsh sunlight, however the old timer gear came through very nicely.

Many thanks for viewing.

TT

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 

Views: 442
10-14-2020, 02:39 AM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

Hi Tony,

Beautiful contrast, I do not know what flower it is, but the dominant white needs a lot of care.

Good continuation...

Greetings, Mario
10-14-2020, 02:49 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Hi Tony,

Beautiful contrast, I do not know what flower it is, but the dominant white needs a lot of care.

Good continuation...

Greetings, Mario

What exactly do you mean this time?

tt
10-14-2020, 03:56 AM   #4
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
One more day with very harsh sunlight,
What exactly do you mean this time?
Hi Tony,

I don't know if you shoot in Raw or Jpeg, but white is a difficult color to manage with high lights because it reflects them, making you lose many details (veins and textures of the flower or any other object),
shooting in Raw (Camera RAW or Lightroom or.. ), you can always recover the high-lights and consequently have more details. However it is always good to underexpose and recover than overexpose.

Don't hate me... a greetings, Mario

10-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Hi Tony,

I don't know if you shoot in Raw or Jpeg, but white is a difficult color to manage with high lights because it reflects them, making you lose many details (veins and textures of the flower or any other object),
shooting in Raw (Camera RAW or Lightroom or.. ), you can always recover the high-lights and consequently have more details. However it is always good to underexpose and recover than overexpose.

Don't hate me... a greetings, Mario

No, I do not hate you. You need to understand that when I upload an image, it is the way I like it. Rather than have an image that is dull and underexposed, I prefer to have one with a little bit of brightness, or POP. So, in the future, I will place your status in regards to my images on Ignore rather than friend.

Adios. Tony
10-14-2020, 11:52 PM   #6
maw
Pentaxian

So, in the future, I will place your status in regards to my images on Ignore rather than friend.
It's just an observation of mine, but I'm sorry that you took it so badly, after all this is a forum "also about photography" what else should we talk about?
It means that I will avoid comments.

Ciao Mario