Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Deadly to Trees
Lens: smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR Camera: KP Photo Location: Back Yard ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: MikeMcE, 10-14-2020, 11:58 AM

A bug that is a localized menace in Pennsylvania and New Jersey The spotted lanternfly.
this adult wandered into my area, not realizing as an State Certified exterminator I knew the game, and won twice!

Views: 567
10-14-2020, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great detail and clarity, this is a very ornate insect.
10-14-2020, 05:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Great detail and clarity, this is a very ornate insect.
Thanks.

I went up north to NJ to visit family, this "flying bug" actually is a great jumper> I was relaxing at the table in the back yard and this landed in front of me, I grabbed the KP and shot. Then I asked and googled and found out its a nasty foreign invader
10-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Great pix and as a Pentaxian with a macro lens and as a state certified exterminator you did the right thing and in the proper order...shoot and squash !

10-16-2020, 04:25 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is a very well done capture. What do they do to the trees? Do they lay eggs in the bark and cause the bark to breakdown and thereby exposing the bare tree making it susceptible to invaders and
various diseases? Thanks a million for sharing such a wonderful wildlife image.

TT
10-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
It is a very well done capture. What do they do to the trees? Do they lay eggs in the bark and cause the bark to breakdown and thereby exposing the bare tree making it susceptible to invaders and
various diseases? Thanks a million for sharing such a wonderful wildlife image.

TT

Grapes and Hardwoods, they are sap suckers, then the honeydew attracts and feeds other insects.

https://www.inquirer.com/things-to-do/spotted-lanternfly-philadelphia-pennsy...-20200502.html

Hang up and DRIVE!