Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Fall colours -- return to the location for better light
Lens: Pentax DA* 50-135mm Camera: K-3 II Photo Location: Ottawa rural ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: c.a.m, 10-16-2020, 08:17 AM

I was driving in the country-side when I came upon this field. The lighting was terrible -- grey, overcast skies and late in the afternoon. I took a few pictures, but wasn't expecting much.

I returned a few days later at sunrise, and captured the second image in much better conditions.

- Craig

Views: 279
10-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That certainly made a big difference. Is that frost on the ground?
10-16-2020, 09:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
That certainly made a big difference. Is that frost on the ground?
Yes, that's frost. The temperature dropped to just below freezing overnight and the forecast had called for patchy fog, which would have been a nice addition to this scene. Well, there was fog, but only along the river to the north.

- Craig
12-21-2020, 10:41 PM   #4
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I like the second image a lot. The frost makes quite a difference, and as a pair of images the contrast between the two scenes is considerable more because of the frost than the different lighting conditions.