Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Some Alberta Fall Coulors
Camera: K-S2 - K3ll Photo Location: Aiedrie, Alberta 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 10-17-2020, 06:43 PM

This is the view from our living room

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Views: 528
10-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the geese you got in the fourth one, Heinrich. They know when it's time to leave.
10-17-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gorgeous series of photos!
10-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice, Sir.

Regards

10-18-2020, 02:33 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful photos. I too like the geese. Made me think of this poem,

Something told the wild geese
It was time to go,
Though the fields lay golden
Something whispered, "snow."

Leaves were green and stirring,
Berries, luster-glossed,
But beneath warm feathers
Something cautioned, "frost."

All the sagging orchards
Steamed with amber spice,
But each wild breast stiffened
At remembered ice.

It was time to fly,
Summer sun was on their wings,
Winter in their cry.

(Rachel Field)
10-18-2020, 04:06 AM   #6
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I too like the geese
OT but some years I picked up an old book - "Wild Chorus" written and edited by Peter Scott. I had been aware of the title and just happened to see it in a second hand books listing. It is an interesting read by someone who devoted his life to learning about geese. Inside the front cover of my book someone has written in pencil "DAD Easter 1950". I was just six months old then. If you have more than a passing interest in geese, or waterfowl in general, I can recommend it
10-18-2020, 09:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Lovely fall color Heinrich. We only managed to catch a few days before the rain and wind blew most of leaves from the trees. Those yellow leaves sure are popping out.

10-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Colorful series that's a real pleasure for me, Heinrich. Although we have a sweet gum tree in our front yard that can put on a show of red in December, the approach of winter in our part of the world primarily brings a transition of green to "kinda" green. When we moved from Michigan to Texas in '95, I was delighted to put winter behind us, but I still miss the autumn colors we enjoyed in Illinois, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Ohio and Michigan, the places we lived prior to Texas.

So . . . . . . it's great to see the vibrant colors of your excellent group of photos!

Jer
10-19-2020, 02:55 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
I like the geese you got in the fourth one, Heinrich. They know when it's time to leave.
Thank you, a lot of geese don't migrate anymore but hang around here all winter. It's not as cold as it used to be.

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Gorgeous series of photos!
Thank you for the kind words.

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Very nice, Sir.

Regards
Thank you Richards, we don't get the dramatic colours that you have in the eastern parts of the continent.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Beautiful photos. I too like the geese. Made me think of this poem,

It was time to go,
Though the fields lay golden
Something whispered, "snow."

Leaves were green and stirring,
Berries, luster-glossed,
But beneath warm feathers
Something cautioned, "frost."

All the sagging orchards
Steamed with amber spice,
But each wild breast stiffened
At remembered ice.

It was time to fly,
Summer sun was on their wings,
Winter in their cry.

(Rachel Field)
Thank you kindly and thanks for the poem.

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
OT but some years I picked up an old book - "Wild Chorus" written and edited by Peter Scott. I had been aware of the title and just happened to see it in a second hand books listing. It is an interesting read by someone who devoted his life to learning about geese. Inside the front cover of my book someone has written in pencil "DAD Easter 1950". I was just six months old then. If you have more than a passing interest in geese, or waterfowl in general, I can recommend it
Thank you kindly

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Lovely fall color Heinrich. We only managed to catch a few days before the rain and wind blew most of leaves from the trees. Those yellow leaves sure are popping out.
Hi Susan and thank you. We had almost 2 weeks of pretty good colour but of course since we don't have Maple trees we don't get the "down east" colours here. So we find colours where ever they are.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Colorful series that's a real pleasure for me, Heinrich. Although we have a sweet gum tree in our front yard that can put on a show of red in December, the approach of winter in our part of the world primarily brings a transition of green to "kinda" green. When we moved from Michigan to Texas in '95, I was delighted to put winter behind us, but I still miss the autumn colors we enjoyed in Illinois, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Ohio and Michigan, the places we lived prior to Texas.

So . . . . . . it's great to see the vibrant colors of your excellent group of photos!

Jer
Hi Jer and thank you. We lived 20 years in Ontario before we moved to the Yukon. After moving to Alberta in 1998 we did a lot of traveling to the East cost, both in Canada and the USA and have seen some spectacular colours in the Fall. Travel days are over, so now we find colour in the Fall where ever we can.