Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Odd shots from Montreal
Posted By: J.Scott, 11-09-2008, 04:21 AM

I was at a convention in Montreal last week and I am embarrassed to admit that I only had a couple hours to walk around with my camera. My days were filled with convention business and evenings with socializing.

I woke up to this one morning. The sun was rising behind the large building in front and reflecting off another to fill my room with a red glow. I took a picture and went back to bed. I'm not real sure if there is potential here or if it's a throw-away. Honestly, I don't trust my photographic judgment in an urban setting.

(I have noticed that when I use the <wide> tags for my images the <wide> version has a lot more punch to the colour. Does that seem like a fair assessment?)

Secondly, I came upon a cathedral and tried a few shots with the fish-eye lens. Again, I am not sure if this works or not.

Lastly, I saw this wall covered in 'art'. I can't call it graffiti as it looks far too structured for that, but it sure was colourful! There was so much I didn't know what to shoot and even if it is interesting. Like I said - I suck at urban photography.

Views: 2,504
11-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Three very nice photos Jeff, they bring back memories. We lived in Montreal for nine years.
Thanks Heinrich.
I like Montreal too. I jumped at the chance for a week downtown but really didn't get around too much.

11-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I agree with Dave, I like all three shots. The colour in the first with the captured reflections looks great. That shot makes you think. The sun is behind the reflection so you have to figure out there's 2 buildings involved in the creation. I like it.

I'm not a fisheye fan. I have a Sigma 10-20 and it seems too much at times but this looks very good. Again it like the shot. These lenses do a good job with some buildings and I like how the image draws you up the frame.

The 'wall art' is a good recording of the work. These are tougher for me as well. I find I'm more taking a recording snap shot than getting something creative, the graffiti is the creative part.
The first one looked better in real time. The red light filled my room for a minute than it faded to nothing.

I agree with you on the others.

Thanks for your comments.