Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
17 Likes  
The Road To Elgol
Posted By: Sunburn, 10-20-2020, 06:48 AM

So, I managed to get out twice into the woods this weekend hoping to capture some autumnal images with the trees changing colours and perhaps do a [link=https://youtu.be/RLUcrYlGKnk]small video[/link] about the image taking process and what nots.

Well, the thing is if you have been out of practise for a while it soon becomes apparent when you try to pick up where you left off. I spent most of the weekend stumbling around in my wellies, slipping in the mud, and not really remembering how to use my camera!

So unfortunately I haven't really got anything to show for my efforts, so back to the archives for an image taken on the [link=https://youtu.be/Hd0wX9IGPvM]Isle of Skye[/link] on the road to Elgol

Attached Images

Views: 884
10-29-2020, 02:32 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sunburn Quote
So, I managed to get out twice into the woods this weekend hoping to capture some autumnal images with the trees changing colours and perhaps do a [link=https://youtu.be/RLUcrYlGKnk]small video[/link] about the image taking process and what nots.

Well, the thing is if you have been out of practise for a while it soon becomes apparent when you try to pick up where you left off. I spent most of the weekend stumbling around in my wellies, slipping in the mud, and not really remembering how to use my camera!

So unfortunately I haven't really got anything to show for my efforts, so back to the archives for an image taken on the [link=https://youtu.be/Hd0wX9IGPvM]Isle of Skye[/link] on the road to Elgol
It seems that your wellies caused serendipitous stumble onto a great photo . I wonder if they might fit me ?

11-03-2020, 07:56 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
It seems that your wellies caused serendipitous stumble onto a great photo . I wonder if they might fit me ?
Ha! Thank you. They were pretty cheap, no more than 10 from a hardware store -- If they are imbued with magical photo taking o& weather creating properties I couldn't say, but they do seem to being worn when I take my post popular images
11-03-2020, 02:39 PM   #18

Everything I love)
11-03-2020, 02:47 PM   #19
Forum Member

The atmosphere of the photo is unbelievable, stunning! The colour palette reminds me of paintings from Dutch masters and it really shows the best of autumn, the current season where I live. This photo really calls me to take my camera outside and shoot more!

11-04-2020, 05:59 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wonderful images both! Love the dramatic lighting. These reinforce my belief that the Isle of Skye is a must visit on my bucket list!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sunburn Quote

11-04-2020, 06:48 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Makx Quote
Everything I love)
Thank you

---------- Post added 11-04-20 at 06:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by q_crack Quote
The atmosphere of the photo is unbelievable, stunning! The colour palette reminds me of paintings from Dutch masters and it really shows the best of autumn, the current season where I live. This photo really calls me to take my camera outside and shoot more!
thank you, you not the first to mention this on the image, others have reference turner as a similarity... high praise indeed

---------- Post added 11-04-20 at 06:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kcjonez Quote
Wonderful images both! Love the dramatic lighting. These reinforce my belief that the Isle of Skye is a must visit on my bucket list!
If you get the chance you really must, its one of those locations that lives up to the hype regardless of the weather or the conditions.
11-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #22
Forum Member

nice atmospheric shots!
11-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #23
Pentaxian

I love the landscape, fog and lightning. It's a surreal picture! Thanks for sharing!

11-04-2020, 11:05 AM   #24
Forum Member

Great colors and composition! I really like the use of the empty space in this one.
11-05-2020, 02:56 AM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alish74 Quote
nice atmospheric shots!
Thank you

---------- Post added 11-05-20 at 02:57 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
I love the landscape, fog and lightning. It's a surreal picture! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, I got lucky that week, the weather was on and off like this every 15 mins. Really stunning conditions.

---------- Post added 11-05-20 at 02:58 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ovaletedecopas Quote
Great colors and composition! I really like the use of the empty space in this one.
Thank you. Appreciate your comments.