Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Female Fig Bird (I think!)
Lens: Pentax HD DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE Lens Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: My Back Yard ISO: 2500 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: K2 to K50, 10-21-2020, 07:45 PM

Very grey, overcast day, with the bird in the shadow of lots of foliage. Hand-held shot, hence the high shutter speed and ISO. F9 for a little bit of insurance on the focus.

Someone with a little bit more pp savvy could probably sharpen up the image, and remove some high ISO noise. Me, I max out with cropping and playing around with exposure!!

Name:  PETE8894.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  261.6 KB

If interested, click on the image to see the original .DNG file on my OneDrive (Give it a good 5 or more seconds for the image to sharpen up - not as instantaneous as Flickr)

Last edited by K2 to K50; 10-21-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Views: 502
10-21-2020, 08:08 PM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Female Fig Bird (I think!)
It's a good shot, considering the backlight and foliage that can fool both the lighting and the focus.

Ciao, Mario
10-22-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot. I can't help with the ID but it fits with what is in my book. I have seen a similar bird in our silky oaks in the last week. It was always back lit so I couldn't be sure of the markings. I must try harder. Speaking of silky oaks, our are not flowering much this year but the bird life is well down too. Usually we would be woken at the crack of dawn by the Noisy Friarbirds squabbling. This year there are only a few and they all have their own space. Same with the Singing Honeyeaters. I think the fires in December/January must have really hit the bird populations. There were no fires anywhere near us but all these birds move around seasonally.