Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  
Lyon from the River Sane
Posted By: RobA_Oz, 10-26-2020, 03:59 PM

This is a conversion from the original photo, taken 10 years ago on my K20D, which made a nice, but not particularly interesting picture. The monochrome conversion in Topaz Studio achieves a much more satisfactory result, I think.

Attached Images

Views: 681
11-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Very nice. I wonder whether cropping the left to remove the buildings in the background might make the buildings in the foreground stand out more.
Thanks, Marc. I had thought about doing that, but decided that a visible termination point to the converging river banks was of more benefit to the composition.

11-03-2020, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #17
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Thanks, Marc. I had thought about doing that, but decided that a visible termination point to the converging river banks was of more benefit to the composition.
I see what you are saying and it makes sense both intellectually and when looking at the final product. And you can still try a crop from your shot - but you can't expand a shot to what you didn't capture

It might still be worth trying on your own screen, just to see if a different cropping gives the image a very different feel. It may not be a look that you like, but just the fact that it creates a different response may make it an interesting exercise to try.
11-04-2020, 01:37 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I see what you are saying and it makes sense both intellectually and when looking at the final product. And you can still try a crop from your shot - but you can't expand a shot to what you didn't capture

It might still be worth trying on your own screen, just to see if a different cropping gives the image a very different feel. It may not be a look that you like, but just the fact that it creates a different response may make it an interesting exercise to try.
I agree. There are several crops on this that could be successful, but of course the resolution of the K20D sensor would limit the print size of the tighter crops. Perhaps I should invest in the latest Topaz Gigapixel AI, to avoid resolution anxiety.