Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Water Plunge
Lens: Pentax-DA 50-200 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Knobel's Amusement Park, PA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Gorgarath, 10-27-2020, 05:28 PM

We took a camping trip (two actually) to Knoebels Amusement Park (they have 2 campgrounds, one of which is attached to the amusement park) this summer. They have one of those giant family sized log flume type rides and I thought I'd try and catch the wall of water. First time went well but I wanted a better angle as I didn't like how they looked in the camera preview. It was after about the 2nd of these shots where I realized I was way too close, but I stuck it out and kept as still as I could and kept shooting.

These shots were a large part of my push to finally buy a WR lens (which should be arriving this week) as this was the non-WR lens. I knew the body would be OK and I just hoped the lens wouldn't cause the whole thing to fail. As soon as I finished the series (plus another couple minutes because I noticed the spray caused a rainbow right after I stopped shooting and I waited for the next car to try and catch it while standing out of the spray) I shut the camera down, left the focus and zoom alone, walked back to the campsite and put the camera on my tripod under the canopy over the picnic table to let it dry for a few hours.

These are straight from the camera, resized to fit on the forum.

Shutter speeds ranged from 1/640 to 1/125.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 396
10-27-2020, 08:02 PM - 1 Like   #2
maw
Pentaxian

Hi Gorgarath,

Cool sequence, the initiation bath, just respect the distance.

Cheers, Mario