Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Counting the votes
Lens: Pentax smc DA 50mm f/1.8 Lens Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Manchester, Iowa 
Posted By: mroeder75, 11-04-2020, 09:27 PM

The Delaware County (Iowa) Courthouse
Views: 467
11-04-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
The Delaware County (Iowa) Courthouse
I like the framing and detail rendering, you could even print it. Maybe, You could use a sensitivity of 1600 or 800 and increase exposure times.

Ciao Mario
11-04-2020, 10:57 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
I like the framing and detail rendering, you could even print it. Maybe, You could use a sensitivity of 1600 or 800 and increase exposure times.

Ciao Mario
I could have taken it 20-minutes later, too, put it on a tripod, and did much better. I had a lot of thoughts here, but decided I would just capture the scene I saw. I was leaving my office for home when I retrieved my camera, thinking this could be somewhat historical. I went automatic. I rushed it. Thanks for your critical comments. I am an amateur, and without thoughtful comments I won't improve.

Last edited by mroeder75; 11-04-2020 at 11:30 PM.
11-05-2020, 12:08 AM   #4
Closed Account

Hi folks. Please let's not get tangled up in any political discussion regarding this image.
As it stands, it is a very good documentary image only. Any political commentary will be dealt with accordingly. Thanks for your cooperation.

11-05-2020, 12:12 AM - 1 Like   #5
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
thinking this could be somewhat historical. I went automatic. I rushed it. Thanks for your critical comments. I am an amateur, and without thoughtful comments I won't improve.
No, it's just my prerogative, when possible, i think it's better to use low ISO, and with static subjects like this it's possible to use a considerably longer time, maybe using a wall,
a tree or even a car. I bring with me a small Manfrotto MTPIXIEVO that is very useful in some cases.

Ciao Mario
11-05-2020, 12:20 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
No, it's just my prerogative, when possible, i think it's better to use low ISO, and with static subjects like this it's possible to use a considerably longer time, maybe using a wall,
a tree or even a car. I bring with me a small Manfrotto MTPIXIEVO that is very useful in some cases.

Ciao Mario
I have a standard tripod, and a small tripod. I am an amateur but I thought about using a tripod. One night earlier, the sunset lit everything pink. I snapped but found no SD Card was in my camera. Anyway, the Courthouse was facing east at sunset. I also walked down the alley and took this looking west. I just thought the foregoing picture would have a historical value.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo