broken way up
Posted By: ignath, 11-11-2020, 03:45 PM

see larger here
Views: 1,057
11-13-2020, 02:03 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
The bare trees fit the mood of the composition nicely. Good job with the B&W processing also.
!thank you

11-21-2020, 06:14 AM   #17
Pentaxian

This picture scares me. Hopefully the floors inside the building are different.

Is it in the capital of Latvia?

By the way, my wife's grandfather is Latvian, he was once born in Riga...

Last edited by Martin Stu; 11-21-2020 at 06:20 AM.
11-21-2020, 08:07 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Martin Stu Quote
This picture scares me. Hopefully the floors inside the building are different.

Is it in the capital of Latvia?

By the way, my wife's grandfather is Latvian, he was once born in Riga...
!thanks for commenting.
yes, it is in capital, just 10 minutes walk from central train station, it's lots of such residencies there. usually they look worse from outside than they are inside, but there are many problems besides the floors of course.
nice to know! yes many latvians went to USA, Australia, Canada in ww2, but earlier some stayed in Soviet Russia after the revolution, because of marriage or job, usually in military or ingeneering.
все мы куда то идём, но где окажемся, узнаем после
11-22-2020, 02:46 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ignath Quote
but earlier some stayed in Soviet Russia after the revolution
grandfather has an unusual fate... during the First World War, when the Germans approached Riga, he, driven by patriatism, literally ran away from home, deceiving the military commission (attributing a couple of years, although he was 16 years old, he studied at the Riga gymnasium) and went to the front to defend Russia and, of course, their native Riga (at that time the Latvians still did not separate themselves from the Russians) .. but soon there was a revolution... he saw Lenin... my wife told me how he said: "our (Latvian riflemen) guarded him", by the way, he did not like Lenin, he said that Lenin was not at all what Soviet propaganda imagined him to be... he died, he was well over 80 years old, when my future wife was 8-9 years old...
все мы куда то идём (we are all going somewhere)
ну да, конечно (Yes of course)

Last edited by Martin Stu; 11-22-2020 at 02:59 AM.
11-22-2020, 04:37 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Martin Stu Quote
grandfather has an unusual fate... during the First World War, when the Germans approached Riga, he, driven by patriatism, literally ran away from home, deceiving the military commission (attributing a couple of years, although he was 16 years old, he studied at the Riga gymnasium) and went to the front to defend Russia and, of course, their native Riga (at that time the Latvians still did not separate themselves from the Russians) .. but soon there was a revolution... he saw Lenin... my wife told me how he said: "our (Latvian riflemen) guarded him", by the way, he did not like Lenin, he said that Lenin was not at all what Soviet propaganda imagined him to be... he died, he was well over 80 years old, when my future wife was 8-9 years old...

ну да, конечно (Yes of course)
peoples lives were different in many ways hundred years ago, so the ancestry is interesting, i'm trying to gather info on mine. i'm latvian, but my grandma is polish, her family came to Riga in tzar times from Gdansk, and grandfather was 1/2 baltic german. however more than from any ethnicity, i feel the influence from their professions, my father was photographer, his father and grandfather worked on trams, other grandfather worked on railway, so now i'm taking lots of pictures with infrastructural edge!

history is rewritten all the time, so only those who were there can say the truth, but politics are those who want to be tricked
12-04-2021, 12:01 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

see larger here
Maybe that house needs some fixing?
12-24-2021, 07:47 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henrikpedersen33 Quote
Maybe that house needs some fixing?