Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 1,053
11-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Wow! Have to get my copy back out is this the WR 55-300?

11-12-2020, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice series. Like the use of light and what appears to me, to choose the right time of day to get the most out of many of these photos. Note the nice detail of the magpie's black neck feathering...again selecting time of day lighting well.

I do learn a lot , looking at your photo examples, Heinrich.
Thanks for the kind comments but it is a lot simpler. Choosing the right time of day was an option many years ago, now I take advantage of whenever I have an hour to get outside. We live in a "Seniors Residence" and my wife suffers from early onset dementia, so that kind of curtails my outings. The good thing is that we live right next to a reginal park and Nose creek and all of this is downtown. Many times when I go out I come back with nothing but then on the next outing everything falls into place.

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
A fine set of photos! I especially enjoy the muskrat shots; some dozen years ago when I was still fairly new to DSLR and experiencing a growing enthusiasm for wildlife photography, I befriended a muskrat at a local lake. Our bond grew to the point where if I sat quietly he would come within a couple yards of me and we would sit together at water's edge.
Thank you, my experience is similar. The first time I tried to take a picture he was gone, now after a number of visits he just keeps swimming around and sometimes stops for a while. The posted images are from 3 different animals but the other 2 are still not cooperating.

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
interesting colours on the second magpie, but great composition on them all
Thank you, the colours are not always visible depends on the angle of the light

QuoteOriginally posted by kcjonez Quote
Great set of images! I really like the second muskrat photo, warm and sharp.
Thank you for the kind comments

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Delightful shots - one and all, Heinrich. Terrific photography!

Jer
Hi Jer and thank you.

---------- Post added 11-12-20 at 05:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lifecameracreation Quote
Wow! Have to get my copy back out is this the WR 55-300?
Thank you kindly, those were taken with the 55-300 PLM. I previously used the WR version of the 55-300 and find very little difference in between those two lenses optically. The big difference is is size and the instant autofocus of the PLM.