Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Sunset peaking through the clouds
Lens: PENTAX-DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR Camera: Pentax K-5 II s Photo Location: Pennsylvania ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Gorgarath, 11-13-2020, 05:48 PM

When I walked out of my office today and saw the sky, I had to run to my car so I could dump my bags off of my shoulder and pull my camera out. I think this one was my favorite of the shots I grabbed before the moment passed.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 424
11-13-2020, 06:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice shot!
11-13-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WhatsMyNameAD67 Quote
Nice shot!
Thank you.
11-14-2020, 08:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gorgarath Quote
When I walked out of my office today and saw the sky, I had to run to my car so I could dump my bags off of my shoulder and pull my camera out. I think this one was my favorite of the shots I grabbed before the moment passed.
Good catch!
Sometimes the best photos 'just happen', so we catch them only if we are ready.

11-14-2020, 08:23 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Good catch!
Hi,

Quite a bit of it is being in the right place at the right time, and it is certainly nailed in this one!

Regards,
Gordon.
11-14-2020, 09:48 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Beautiful picture. Sunset is always a good time for a shot, and I really like those colors!
11-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #7
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Good catch!
Thank you. And well do I know this. And for a large part of my life, I was without a camera to capture them. Not sure why I stopped doing photography in my late teens, but I've missed a lot of wonderful shots. I'm glad to be back again, though I still have a habit of not always having my camera with me.

QuoteOriginally posted by gordon_l34 Quote
Quite a bit of it is being in the right place at the right time, and it is certainly nailed in this one!
Thank you so much! I just wish I could have gotten out a tad earlier, but too much earlier I suppose the light might not have reached that sweet spot and I'd already had been driving through the trees along the way home and not noticed.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
Beautiful picture. Sunset is always a good time for a shot, and I really like those colors!
Thanks! I've always loved sunsets (And sunrises on the rare occasion I'm up early enough (or late enough as the case may be) to see them. Though in winter, that's a bit easier to do I suppose, but I'm generally on my way into work at that point and can't stop to take pictures.) but I rarely seem to be able to get a good shot of them. Just need more practice I suppose. And possibly some ND filters.