Views: 1,126
11-17-2020, 11:16 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice composition. Does look a bit HDR ish

11-17-2020, 12:55 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
For my taste a little too much HDR-look, nevertheless good composition and a fitting cloud ceiling completes the image. Well done.
11-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Is this any better?

11-17-2020, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rqy99g Quote
Is this any better?
I don't mind the clarity setting from the first image in the buildings and the gravel but the sky looks in my opinion better in your second version, because of the less prominent light gain near the buildings.

11-17-2020, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #20
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rqy99g Quote
Is this any better?
It is different and whether it is better will be a matter of opinion. I personally prefer the first version. It might be a little too much HDR, but there's also so much metal that it is okay if the overall image has an artistic feel rather than a realistic one.
11-18-2020, 12:37 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the comments everyone, it is appreciated and encouraging, though with this photo I got lucky

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
It is different and whether it is better will be a matter of opinion. I personally prefer the first version. It might be a little too much HDR, but there's also so much metal that it is okay if the overall image has an artistic feel rather than a realistic one.
MSL I'm glad you posted the above comment. I suppose with the updated photo I have tried to take in consideration some of the comments in the thread but in heart of hearts I do like a bit of HDR and for me it can make an image more artistic.

QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
I don't mind the clarity setting from the first image in the buildings and the gravel but the sky looks in my opinion better in your second version, because of the less prominent light gain near the buildings.
I hadn't really noticed the 'clarity' until you mention it and it does make the photo more compelling for me.

At 61 and although having been around cameras all my life (my father was great with film) only ever having dabbled I have much to learn.

Thanks again

Simon
11-18-2020, 12:57 AM   #22
Veteran Member

An interesting image with a number of textures and colours, well done. An having no pedestrians around adds to the feeling.