Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Manchester
Lens: Pentax smc DA 50mm f/1.8 Lens Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Manchester, Iowa 
Posted By: mroeder75, 11-18-2020, 11:17 PM

There is a photo posted on this thread much better than this from Manchester, England. This is from Manchester, Iowa. I set my sights, low. An older colleague used to play basketball above the drug store/1950s ice cream parlor in the 1950s/ There was no 1950s ice cream parlor in the 1950s. Recently he told me he played with Don Nelson at Iowa when on the freshman U of Iowa team - former Celtics coach. But his basketball hx started upstairs of the taller building. The sun was setting circa Nov. 4, 2020. I thought it was cool. It was hand held. It isn't great. It's just okay.
Views: 586
11-18-2020, 11:25 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You are correct, it is a very nice. In addition I believe it was Will Rogers who stated; " I never met an ICE CREAM Parlor I didn't like."

TT
11-18-2020, 11:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The color has some character. The light is nice and I wonder how much of an upgrade would you get from a composition plane parallel to the building.
11-18-2020, 11:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mixalis_kalymnos1611 Quote
The color has some character. The light is nice and I wonder how much of an upgrade would you get from a composition plane parallel to the building.
I am going to be lazy. Where is Kalymnos Island? I love hx, and geography, but I can't even pronounce the island much less know where it is at!

---------- Post added 11-19-20 at 01:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
You are correct, it is a very nice. In addition I believe it was Will Rogers who stated; " I never met an ICE CREAM Parlor I didn't like."

TT
I didn't say nice, it's just okay. But the historical museum in Manchester England, now that was nice!

11-19-2020, 01:45 AM   #5
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is interesting, particularly the reflections in the windows. And I like the story behind it.
11-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #6
MSL
Pentaxian

An image from a small town in the US. The sort of photo that starts to tell the story of the town. I suspect you could make the image pop a bit more with PP, but not sure it needs it.