Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
It was a foggy day
Camera: Sony RX100 Vll Photo Location: Airdrie, Alberta 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 11-19-2020, 01:37 PM

It was a miserable and foggy day so I took a few pictures from inside. (Double pane windows, not too clean outside)
First two I converted to B/W but left the third one alone.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 394
11-19-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some of the most stunning winter landscapes I have ever personally witnessed were when fog was freezing onto things. One was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Imagine driving down a 'tunnel' composed of a snow-covered road surface below, trees covered in ice crystals along both sides, and a 'ceiling' of a stratified layer of fog. Thanks for reminding me!
11-19-2020, 02:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Those are really beautiful pictures. Fog and snow, I did not think it would be so good together. I prefer the two B&W pictures though.
11-19-2020, 06:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
Some of the most stunning winter landscapes I have ever personally witnessed were when fog was freezing onto things. One was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Imagine driving down a 'tunnel' composed of a snow-covered road surface below, trees covered in ice crystals along both sides, and a 'ceiling' of a stratified layer of fog. Thanks for reminding me!
Thank you and you are welcome

QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
Those are really beautiful pictures. Fog and snow, I did not think it would be so good together. I prefer the two B&W pictures though.
Thank you for the kind remarks, snow and fog is not unusually around here.

11-19-2020, 07:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful, Heinrich! The last photo could possibly be improved by cropping out the power pole and yellow barrier from the right side, leaving you the foggy trees and the fence leading out of the frame.
11-19-2020, 08:10 PM   #6
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Beautiful, Heinrich! The last photo could possibly be improved by cropping out the power pole and yellow barrier from the right side, leaving you the foggy trees and the fence leading out of the frame.
On the one hand that would give more of a winter scene image. On the other, leaving in the pole and roadways shows the sense of isolation that comes when the weather gets like this. Different sorts of stories.

I'm glad the weather doesn't keep you from taking photos Heinrich
11-19-2020, 08:12 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Exceptional Images, Heinrich!! I'm sure glad I don't live up where you live, I'd never make it......LOL!

11-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #8

Some really nice photos Heinrich. I liked that you didn't edit out the poles in the third one it adds dimension to the photo like a person on a mountain or a boat on a lake.
11-20-2020, 05:56 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Miserable is such a relative term. Here in Maine we say "there is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing."

Nice photos!

-Kenn-

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
It was a miserable and foggy day so I took a few pictures from inside. (Double pane windows, not too clean outside)
First two I converted to B/W but left the third one alone.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
11-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Thank you for the kind comment, cropping the image like this was deliberate as I wanted to show the location. The hydro pole is the end of the overhead line and goes underground from there. The yellow barrier is the entrance to our underground garage.

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
On the one hand that would give more of a winter scene image. On the other, leaving in the pole and roadways shows the sense of isolation that comes when the weather gets like this. Different sorts of stories.

I'm glad the weather doesn't keep you from taking photos Heinrich
Thank you for the kind remarks, as for the weather, I took these from the inside of our apartment.

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Exceptional Images, Heinrich!! I'm sure glad I don't live up where you live, I'd never make it......LOL!
Thank you kindly and Oh you would make it alight, it's amazing what one can get used to.

QuoteOriginally posted by basquist02 Quote
Some really nice photos Heinrich. I liked that you didn't edit out the poles in the third one it adds dimension to the photo like a person on a mountain or a boat on a lake.
Thank you for the kind comments, it really is appreciated

QuoteOriginally posted by kcjonez Quote
Miserable is such a relative term. Here in Maine we say "there is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing."

Nice photos!

-Kenn-
Thank you, we used that phrase when we lived in the Yukon.
11-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #11

Very nice pictures
11-21-2020, 12:20 AM   #12

I prefer the hint of colour in the otherwise monochrome landscape.
11-21-2020, 06:28 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Angelic Layer Quote
Very nice pictures
Thank you kindly

QuoteOriginally posted by cymric Quote
I prefer the hint of colour in the otherwise monochrome landscape.
Thank you for the kind remarks.
11-21-2020, 05:40 PM   #14
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
as for the weather, I took these from the inside of our apartment.
That was my point. Most people wouldn't bother or would worry about the windows being too dirty etc. By making the best of the situation, we got to see more of your excellent work.