Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
mangroves
Lens: Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 Camera: K1 ii Photo Location: Cairns, Australia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 4s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: MotoRider, 12-05-2020, 01:53 PM

On a day out with a plan to take some timelapse shots and process when I got home, I stopped to take a few pics of mangroves, I had a 3 stop ND filter on.

Views: 1,220
12-06-2020, 09:58 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MotoRider Quote
On a day out with a plan to take some timelapse shots and process when I got home, I stopped to take a few pics of mangroves, I had a 3 stop ND filter on.
Those are fascinating looking - with or without filtration.
12-06-2020, 07:12 PM - 1 Like   #3
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They have such an interesting root structure it would be interesting if you could get closer while still doing a panoramic view.
12-07-2020, 01:50 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
a closer look at the root system

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
12-07-2020, 02:41 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
a closer look at the root system
Amazing life. Nice photos. Thank you for sharing.
12-08-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mangroves are fascinating trees. Here in south Florida we have three kinds, white, red and black. I'm not entirely sure of the differences, but they are all protected. Requires a government permit to cut them, they protect the shoreline from storm surge during hurricanes and make important shallow water habitats for marine life. Bravo, beautiful images!
12-09-2020, 11:41 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Mangroves are fascinating trees. Here in south Florida we have three kinds, white, red and black. I'm not entirely sure of the differences, but they are all protected. Requires a government permit to cut them, they protect the shoreline from storm surge during hurricanes and make important shallow water habitats for marine life. Bravo, beautiful images!
they do the same thing here, we get cyclones, and they also provide and healthy environment for so many different species of animals and fish.. I was going to get a closer look but I had a creek to cross and there are so many crocodiles in our waterways that I wouldn't be game to pass through the water when I can see what's in it.. maybe next low-low tide i can make it through.

12-10-2020, 01:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

they do the same thing here, we get cyclones, and they also provide and healthy environment for so many different species of animals and fish.. I was going to get a closer look but I had a creek to cross and there are so many crocodiles in our waterways that I wouldn't be game to pass through the water when I can see what's in it.. maybe next low-low tide i can make it through.
Yep, that would be a new meaning for a snapshot!

Love them
12-10-2020, 05:18 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is a very nice image! I really like your choice of composition including the vast beach to the right.
12-10-2020, 05:27 AM   #10

I like the panoramic aspect ratio. The mangroves seem to be "alive" and walking towards the ocean!
12-10-2020, 07:16 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fortunately our crocodiles are less dangerous than yours! We do have them, in fact they inhabit a protected area of Everglades National Park, but they tend to stay put in their reserve and rarely venture out into waters where people are likely to encounter them. Alligators, on the other hand, are common in fresh water.
12-10-2020, 07:58 AM   #12
Pentaxian

I really like the pano crop that you used, it just works. Well done!
12-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HghlnDR Quote
I like the panoramic aspect ratio. The mangroves seem to be "alive" and walking towards the ocean!
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I really like the pano crop that you used, it just works. Well done!
thank you, I like it too and I'm thinking of printing and mounting onto acrylic, it's a calming sort of image
12-11-2020, 08:15 PM   #14
Urs
Pentaxian

wow those look fantastic thanks for sharing!
12-12-2020, 04:36 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Eeesh! Yes indeed, I'd be staying away from any waters edge! Cool shot with a neat story!