Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Off to the Races
Lens: HD DA55-300mm f4.5-6.3 PLM Camera: K-3II Photo Location: Boerne, TX ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: ToddK, 12-06-2020, 05:29 AM

A group of Bufflehead Ducks taking off. They were not happy that I showed up...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 403
12-06-2020, 06:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,782
Fun, energetic shot. Thanks for sharing.
12-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #3
MSL
Pentaxian
MSL's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,224
Looks like they are running on water to make their getaway
12-07-2020, 05:28 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,846
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Fun, energetic shot. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you bladerunner!
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Looks like they are running on water to make their getaway
Thanks MSL!

12-07-2020, 05:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,010
I bet $100 on the white one on the right.

More seriously, great shot. There is everything, fast-paced action and even water drop. Good lucky shot!
12-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
kcjonez's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Mount Desert, Maine, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 635
These little buggers will take off from the sound of a shutter click at 100 yards. Very skittish.

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
A group of Bufflehead Ducks taking off. They were not happy that I showed up...
12-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,846
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
I bet $100 on the white one on the right.

More seriously, great shot. There is everything, fast-paced action and even water drop. Good lucky shot!
Thanks so much Bertrand! Yes, it took a little luck to get the shot.
QuoteOriginally posted by kcjonez Quote
These little buggers will take off from the sound of a shutter click at 100 yards. Very skittish.
Thanks kcjonez! I had my camera ready to go and I had an approach to the pond where they couldn't see me. However, if they hadn't been on my end of the pond I never would have got the shot, so luck played a major role.

12-08-2020, 08:03 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
DW58's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Rural Oregon
Posts: 6,246
Great background and frozen in time action. Timing is important in photography. Sometimes good luck is involved. But bad luck plays a role as well sometimes. I'd guess that all photographers have experienced both.
12-08-2020, 09:00 AM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Murowana Goślina, Poland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 358
I usually see races like this when I finally make it out of the bushes. Then, sadly, I take out the camera and look for some other "great" shot, a subject nearby: some macro or landscape CONGRATS!
12-09-2020, 05:46 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,846
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Great background and frozen in time action. Timing is important in photography. Sometimes good luck is involved. But bad luck plays a role as well sometimes. I'd guess that all photographers have experienced both.
Thanks for the terrific comment Dave!
QuoteOriginally posted by Fotus Tuus Quote
I usually see races like this when I finally make it out of the bushes. Then, sadly, I take out the camera and look for some other "great" shot, a subject nearby: some macro or landscape CONGRATS!
Thanks Fotus Tuus! Yes, that has happened to me more often than not.
12-09-2020, 06:04 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,660
Wonderful wildlife capture, friend. This is usually the exact effect I have on women. (

Thanks very much for the treat.

tt
12-10-2020, 05:23 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,846
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Wonderful wildlife capture, friend. This is usually the exact effect I have on women. (

Thanks very much for the treat.

tt
Thanks Tony!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
birds in flight, bufflehead duck, camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel To The Races With Racer! Racer X 69 Post Your Photos! 3 04-08-2020 06:27 AM
Machinery Air races gifthorse Post Your Photos! 5 09-15-2019 07:16 AM
KEH Cyber Monday-$50 off $300/$100 off $600/$200 off $100 Plus 0% Financing bladerunner6 Pentax Price Watch 2 11-27-2017 08:31 AM
Sports Mini Motorcycle Races in Colorado jbrowning Post Your Photos! 2 07-23-2015 02:13 PM
The Reno Balloon Races... tabl10s Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 08-06-2012 05:53 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top