Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
What I DO
Posted By: reh321, 12-08-2020, 05:38 PM

This past week I drove about 45 minutes South to Rochester IN. I had been there in the Summer, and the train tracks had been loaded with grain-carrying train cars, but our harvest has happened since then, so I was wondering whether I could now photograph a car which had been behind a large bush in August - whether the car had been moved to a more convenient {to me} location. I was really surprised to discover that there was not a car in town! So I drove to the West, to a town called Winamac IN, which was indicated as having an old freight depot formerly owned by the "Pennsylvania Railroad".

The nicely-landscaped building had a brass plaque telling about it's history - where the PRR was the last railroad listed as having used it - and a wooden sign announcing it was now the home of a gardening club. A "Erie-Lackawanna" caboose was parked next to it for some reason {maybe the E-L had given them out when they went out of business}.

When I got home, some old notes showed that I had taken a photo in Winamac in 1983, of an apparently abandoned station which I listed as having been used by the PennCentral {created by merging the Pennsylvania and New York Central railroads}, but I'm no longer sure why I listed that owner. One quick glance shows that it was the same structure, but it has been 'cutified".

Views: 635
12-10-2020, 10:05 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A couple of photos of what are now charming buildings. Nice job - and thanks for the great history.

Jer
Thank you for your comments.

I figure there is a lot of history there that I am unaware of.