Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  
Church
Posted By: Lev, 12-09-2020, 10:30 AM


Views: 715
12-10-2020, 07:38 PM   #16
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 754
That's some great HDR. Just balanced enough that it's like I'm actually there with my own eyes.

12-10-2020, 07:40 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
MikeMcE's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2020
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,093
Any others on that card?


Hang up and DRIVE!
12-11-2020, 07:42 AM   #18
Lev
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Posts: 1,063
Original Poster
Thank you!!!

---------- Post added 12-11-20 at 07:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeMcE Quote
Any others on that card?


Hang up and DRIVE!

Nothing special which may deserve your attention but anyways...
12-11-2020, 12:23 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,409
An amazing building that you have done justice . The chain draped down the left side of the steeple is maybe symbolic or practical ?

12-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #20
Lev
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Posts: 1,063
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
An amazing building that you have done justice . The chain draped down the left side of the steeple is maybe symbolic or practical ?
I'm not sure what it is for really, good question!
12-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
MikeMcE's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2020
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,093
QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
Thank you!!!

---------- Post added 12-11-20 at 07:55 AM ----------




Nothing special which may deserve your attention but anyways...

Stunning!!!


Hang up and DRIVE!
12-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #22
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 429
Wonderful composition.

12-11-2020, 11:30 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mroeder75's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Iowa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,093
One of my former secretaries, now deceased, married a man who grew up in part in Estonia. At age 11 or so during or after the war, he left Estonia. I do not know how he did so. He said the Nazis treated the Estonians better than the USSR treated Estonians, but I don't think that is entirely true. I think it depended on whether you were Jewish or Christian.
Somehow I think he got to Germany, I could be wrong, and from there, he landed in the USA. I know he would appreciate these photos from Tallin or Tbilisi. Wish I could figure a way for you to send them to him. I think he is in assisted living, but he was a computer expert 30-years ago. So ---- I would contact him if you can send the photos. PM me. I think I have his contact info.
12-12-2020, 04:21 AM   #24
Lev
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Posts: 1,063
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
One of my former secretaries, now deceased, married a man who grew up in part in Estonia. At age 11 or so during or after the war, he left Estonia. I do not know how he did so. He said the Nazis treated the Estonians better than the USSR treated Estonians, but I don't think that is entirely true. I think it depended on whether you were Jewish or Christian.
Somehow I think he got to Germany, I could be wrong, and from there, he landed in the USA. I know he would appreciate these photos from Tallin or Tbilisi. Wish I could figure a way for you to send them to him. I think he is in assisted living, but he was a computer expert 30-years ago. So ---- I would contact him if you can send the photos. PM me. I think I have his contact info.
With great pleasure!! I'll PM you in a while.

Well, medical assistance at a time, in terms of equipment availability were at the same level, not saying anythong about people differencies in all countries and religions.
12-14-2020, 03:47 AM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,136
Very nice! You might want to remove the purple fringing at the top. It became very noticeable because of the scale the photo is displayed it.
12-14-2020, 05:07 AM   #26
Pentaxian
Michail_P's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Kalymnos
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,855
The frame-in-a-frame played well here. It makes me wonder where you took that shot from.
12-14-2020, 06:46 AM   #27
Lev
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Posts: 1,063
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mixalis_kalymnos1611 Quote
The frame-in-a-frame played well here. It makes me wonder where you took that shot from.
Thanks!!

It is in one of the towers of a surrounding walls of the church. Like in castles, these little windows are made so from one side of the tower you can see inside areas of the church and others are built towards outside, well historically, against incoming enemy.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, church, photo, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abstract Corridor, Church of Sar Peter Rockstroh Photo Critique 15 06-15-2021 12:48 PM
Architecture The church beno Photo Critique 9 08-30-2018 05:46 PM
Moonrise over Church Davidi Monthly Photo Contests 11 03-09-2018 02:41 AM
Architecture Went to church Carpon Photo Critique 7 07-17-2015 05:55 AM
Landscape Church over the sea ionasbox Pentax K-3 Photo Contest 2 06-10-2014 01:31 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top