Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Solitary Bliss
Posted By: wa5am, 11-14-2008, 10:03 AM

One of the last photos taken on a trip to "Petit Jean Mountain" just west of where I live with my new Sigma 17-70mm lens. This was the first nice days we've had since I got it, and took a boatload of shots, but it will be slow going through all of them. So far, I'm very pleased with the lens. The color rendition and inherent contrast of this glass is really good in my opinion. K20D handheld. EXIF data in the jpeg.

-Morg-
Views: 1,761
11-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Well done

Well done Morg,
I really like this picture. I have been wanting to go there, but have been unable to. We were supposed to have a business meeting there last year and didn't due to bad weather.
11-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick1946 Quote
Well done Morg,
I really like this picture. I have been wanting to go there, but have been unable to. We were supposed to have a business meeting there last year and didn't due to bad weather.
Thanks Nick! It is a really nice place to spend some time. Lots to do and see up there, of course so much has been photographed, the folks around here have already seen just about any shot you take. Then again, that gives us the challenge to capture the scenery up there in a unique way!

I took about 200 images, and will post some of the better ones later when I get time to look at them.

If you ever get time to head there, let me know ahead of time and maybe we could meet and get some photo time together. It's only about an hour drive for me.

-Morg-
11-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I love that glare. Works effectively for the overall pic

11-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I love that glare. Works effectively for the overall pic
Thanks! Without going into boring detail, that image was sort of an accident, but I was happy with it once I saw it on the computer.

-Morg