Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
La'al Ratty locomotive
Lens: DA 18-55 Camera: K10D Photo Location: Ravenglass ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: stevejo, 12-22-2020, 04:10 AM

Just looking through some old photographs and came across some taken on a visit to the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway known locally as La'al Ratty or little old railway in Cumbrian dialect.
It always cheers me up seeing these little steam engines which are a tribute to the skills of the team producing and maintaining them.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 408
12-22-2020, 04:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really nice image taken with a vintage Pentax body and a Pentax kit lens. Goes to show ya, it is the person behind the gear that makes the image. Thank you very much for sharing.

tt
12-22-2020, 04:28 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Really nice image taken with a vintage Pentax body and a Pentax kit lens. Goes to show ya, it is the person behind the gear that makes the image. Thank you very much for sharing.

tt
Thanks Tony, the old 18-55 kit lens had a lot going for it. Although I have a new set of WR lenses now I will still keep that one in my bag. Didn't think of the K10d as vintage. Pity is has stopped working now.
12-22-2020, 05:41 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent photo of a very cool looking locomotive! I had an HO scale model railroad in my bedroom as a child. I think I would have needed a larger one for this scale

12-22-2020, 07:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

That's actually Green Goddess from the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway in Kent, on holdiday up country!
(Approx 1/3 size representation of an A3 pacific - see "Flying Scotsman" )
12-22-2020, 07:48 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Very nice image and great subject.
07-13-2021, 10:47 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
Just looking through some old photographs and came across some taken on a visit to the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway known locally as La'al Ratty or little old railway in Cumbrian dialect.
It always cheers me up seeing these little steam engines which are a tribute to the skills of the team producing and maintaining them.
stunning loco