Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Airshow photos finally
Posted By: LaRee, 11-14-2008, 10:18 PM

I've had to wait over a month and a half to share these images. When I enter a competition that precludes posting the images on the web before the challenge ends, the weeks seem a long time passing. Most times I just end up not sharing the series at all. But I LOVE air shows and I thought maybe someone here might be interested in viewing these and maybe even taking a look at the gallery I put up? I shot a lot of images and maybe uploaded too many...but what can I say? I LOVE air shows.

Some of my favorites:

There were even a couple fellow Pentaxians there, kunik (of this site) and his wife. Chris's wife is absolutely stunningly beautiful, and she is a doctor no less! They make an adorable couple.

all shot with the k10d and Bigma
Views: 4,143
11-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Wow LaRee. I think I will never ever post another photo on this site again. Wow.
Thank you for enjoying them Mel. I haven't had a lot of time lately so I'm sure I've missed all kinds of posts, but I do scan for yours when I am on the forum. I always enjoy your photos.

QuoteOriginally posted by apemen Quote
Wow,
those were great.

I especially liked the first one and the one with 3 generation airplanes in a frame.

As an airplane plastic model hobbyist I am delighted
Please keep them coming, and thank you very much.
It is cool to see the 3 generations like that isn't it? I wish they did that more. These only flew by one time. The show really was non-stop. They pack a lot of different things into the day. I don't get to air shows but once a year, unless the Red Bull Air Races come around, then I go to that too. I love air shows.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Nice try Mel.. Keep them coming!! JIMBO
LOL yep Jimbo, she ain't getting off that easy!

QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
Oooh, aaah, air show pics never been so good!
I am glad you enjoyed them. I had a great time taking them. Thank you for commenting.

11-17-2008, 06:33 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Insert adjective other than "WOW" , great job and it looks like you got your $100.00 worth. No heads to shoot over and a clear view. I wish our local air show did this. Great series!!!
11-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Stunning shots LaRee, that first shot quite literally made me say "Oooooh!" Fantastic capture.
11-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #34
Veteran Member

was that Marine coming to take you out for crossing the yellow line? lol VERY nice photostory.

11-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Great shots, hoping to get my first airliner photos early next year.
11-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Superb shots!

Jim
11-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Perfect timing on the aircraft hitting a hard turn! The rapid vapor build up makes it a great shot!

Looks like a machine to me... just a more specialized kind...

Well done LaRee!!!!

Cheers,
Marc
11-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Stunning shots LaRee, that first shot quite literally made me say "Oooooh!" Fantastic capture.
Me too Scott. When that opened up on the computer I was pretty pleased. You know they are moving fast when the vapor forms!

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
was that Marine coming to take you out for crossing the yellow line? lol VERY nice photostory.
I must admit that photographing those guys doing drills was kinda creepy. That guy was running straight at me with a gun!

QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
Great shots, hoping to get my first airliner photos early next year.
Warning: Shooting aircraft can be addicting!

QuoteOriginally posted by CycloneBandDad Quote
Superb shots!

Jim
Thank you kindly Jim.

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Perfect timing on the aircraft hitting a hard turn! The rapid vapor build up makes it a great shot!

Looks like a machine to me... just a more specialized kind...

Well done LaRee!!!!

Cheers,
Marc
Thank you very much Marc. There is one chance during the show to capture the vapor if you are lucky. A few of us were lucky in the group.
One of our guys captured this shot:
http://www.pbase.com/image/104057518/original.jpg

He was the luckiest of all of us. When this display was happening, I didn't even bring the camera up to my face. I stood there with my mouth wide open in awe. I'd never seen anything like it before in my life!

11-18-2008, 03:23 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Stunning shots LaRee, makes my atempt at the Red Bull air race here in Perth look very amateur

All fantastic images, amazing work.
11-18-2008, 04:21 AM   #40
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I missed this thread LaRee and they are all great shots. Well done in the challenge as well. Love that first shot but all are great.
11-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Superb shots! Very professional, have you published them already in National Geography?
11-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #42
jeffkpotter

Very cool LaRee!
11-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Warped Quote
Stunning shots LaRee, makes my atempt at the Red Bull air race here in Perth look very amateur

All fantastic images, amazing work.
Thank you. I've shot a couple Red Bull races too. I think all air shows are challenging. Location makes all the difference and I had a really good location to shoot from for this show.

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I missed this thread LaRee and they are all great shots. Well done in the challenge as well. Love that first shot but all are great.
Thank you very much Peter. I was tuckered out at the end of the day but I sure had fun.

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Superb shots! Very professional, have you published them already in National Geography?
Ha! Maybe I should submit one to the National Geography website that accepts photos. Thanks for taking a look and commenting. I appreciate it!

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
Very cool LaRee!
Thank you Jeff.