Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Woodrow
Camera: Olympus EM1X micro 4/3 
Posted By: LightSpeed, 01-01-2021, 08:57 PM

As I go through this, I see the need for less humans. They take from this world and rarely, if ever, give anything back.
Is this the next extinct species? When the rivers are polluted, the trees are cut for farmland, so we can eat ; how many humans are enough humans?

I wonder where he is now because I know I'll never see him again.

Last edited by LightSpeed; 01-01-2021 at 09:31 PM.
Views: 517
01-01-2021, 10:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good composition given the not-very-photogenic environment.

Consider this along with your musings: many bird species have proliferated thanks to easy availability of food and a reduction of predators due to human activity. I don't know if that applies specifically to red-belllied woodpeckers, but possibly. Over the past few years I've photographed at least 3 adults and 2 juveniles.
01-01-2021, 11:42 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Good composition given the not-very-photogenic environment.

Consider this along with your musings: many bird species have proliferated thanks to easy availability of food and a reduction of predators due to human activity. I don't know if that applies specifically to red-belllied woodpeckers, but possibly. Over the past few years I've photographed at least 3 adults and 2 juveniles.
Thank you.
The not very photogenic environment is the natural habitat and not a bird feeder with the bird hanging off the cage , which seems to get praise. Along with upside down geese. And a quarry of other ridiculous images that are praised as , " artistic." It does apply to this bird. And every other bird. What you take out of greed and never give back effects a delicate balance. People are good at doing that. That is why there are 7.5 billion of us and less than 2500 Bengal Tigers, worldwide. 10,000 - 25,000 blue whales. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see 3/4 or more of the human species eradicated. Even if I were one of them. Thank you for your musings....and happy new year.
I give you this to consolidate, then separate the imaginary world where wildlife poses for you on the kitchen table with a backdrop, which , like a bad toupee, couldn't look less natural if it had a chin strap.

Last edited by LightSpeed; 01-01-2021 at 11:50 PM.
01-02-2021, 01:56 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LightSpeed Quote
As I go through this, I see the need for less humans. They take from this world and rarely, if ever, give anything back.
Is this the next extinct species? When the rivers are polluted, the trees are cut for farmland, so we can eat ; how many humans are enough humans?

I wonder where he is now because I know I'll never see him again.

Human over population is the main cause of the demise of nature .

01-03-2021, 09:40 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a very pleasing image, taken, as you say, in its natural habitat. I like it! Crisp, clear image.

And totally agree with you re:

1: Human effect on the environment - here in Australia we have a terrible record of species (bird, mammal and other) that have gone extinct since the arrival of Europeans.
2: Human over-poplulation. I believe we need to reduce the human population to about a quarter of what it is now. Far more sustainable in terms of food, water, mineral resources needs, etc.
01-03-2021, 10:04 PM   #6
Banned

Original Poster
I'm thankful that folks see my point , sometimes. I walk in the woods a lot. Here lately really a lot. The abundance is not there anymore and I know why. People regulate the proliferation of every species on this planet, except the most dangerous of all, the Human species. Dinosaurs ruled the planet for nearly 200 million years. We have been here a small fraction of that and look at the damage. You can't go anywhere without running into ignorance, or some stupid buffoon playing his music as loud as he can at a gas pump. Home invasions, drugs, crime , corruption and blatant disregard for anything except themselves and their very small bubble. Animals destroyed with impunity to the point of extinction. But let one human die, or be killed and it's a huge deal..doesn't really make sense to me.