Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Shots with my K20D
Posted By: Rudi, 11-15-2008, 05:46 AM

What can I say, the first shots I have tried taking

I hope they are not to bad. Still trying to get my way through all settings. At least the Dogs didn't Bother. All Images taken with the DA 18-55 ALII Kit Lens. Comments much appreciated.

Attached Images

Views: 1,415
11-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These are pretty good shots, but i have to say what really shows here is that you are totally in tune with the k20d and the kit lens already. The technique is perfect.
11-15-2008, 06:48 AM   #3

Good start Rudi, and congrats on the new K20D!! You will get used to the camera in time. At first I was overwhelmed with all the settings, but found that most of them you set and forget. The important adjustments will become habit as you use it more and more.

Beautiful dog by the way! Great Dane? He is magnificent looking. I've had 3 Great Danes in my life and likely will have another before I depart. Regarding the 18-55 kit lens; it is a good lens to get started with, but you will probably want to upgrade down the road to something a bit higher grade. Anyway, it appears you are off to a great start! Keep working with the K20D and you will love it and never look back ...until the K30D comes out

-Morg
11-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice #1 and #2 look a lilltle soft - maybe camera shake. #3,#4 and #5 are very good - you did well. And a great looking dog there.

11-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
First Shots

@ daccon: Yeah, that'll be trying the AF-C Focus Setting, during the shot I noticed how focus points kept changing all the time.

@ wa5am: We love our Great Danes, once you had one you'll never want to miss that giant on your side. Demanding Babies (in a good way) on one side and real partners. My Wife and I couldn't have Kids, now they have become our Babies.

@ IsaacEastgate: Thanks for the flowers, I'm really loving it.

The possibilities on that Camera are truly endless, so I'm going for the "P" program which let's me learn quite a bit, but on the other hand produces quite a bit of "Can't be used output".

The Camera was an early Christmas present from my wife. My Company sends me to Capetown, South Africa in the Beginning of January and she nows how I am into Nature and Animals. I will certainly want upgrade my Lens repertoire once I got the hang on the Lenses I have. Aperture and Shutter is and will need to be demystified over the next weeks.

But I still have the feeling that an upgrade on the Tele won't be to far down the road, at least that's what jumps to my mind when thinking about South Africa.

Maybe you guys have some recommendations for useful filters, I have a Hoya UV(0) filter, but don't know what would be a good need to have for basic shooting.

One thing I really enjoy is the Velbon Sherpa Tripod, I find it so versatile (min height) that I am constantly seeking an excuse to use it.

I got a Novoflex Bellow from eBay, but still lack a lens for it, but that's something down the road (recommendations welcome if you please).

Sorry for the long post, I guess I got carried away a bit, I hope you guys, the Admins and Mods do not mind about stuff you already went through.