Dove Mountain rural Tucson, Arizona
Lens: Tamron 18-250mm f/4.5 Camera: K-3 
Posted By: mroeder75, 01-03-2021, 08:47 PM

Views: 529
01-04-2021, 02:56 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely desert landscape. Leaving the Adobe dwellings in is a very nice touch. Thnx for the real treat.

tt
01-04-2021, 05:56 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is a nice capture of the Sonoran Desert with the beautiful Saguaro Cactus in the foreground and distant lines of mountains in the distance.
01-04-2021, 01:39 PM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shot. It captures that living-in-Tucson feel.

01-04-2021, 10:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Lovely desert landscape. Leaving the Adobe dwellings in is a very nice touch. Thnx for the real treat.

tt
Thanks, the buildings were there - no cutting them out - I am not certain they are dwellings. The 3-story building on the right is the "Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain Hotel." Not sure if the buildings to the left are associated with it, but they might be. You will drop a minimum $273 per night for the least expensive room. Pretty high rent when it's not NYC, San Francisco, or Chicago.

---------- Post added 01-04-21 at 11:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
This is a nice capture of the Sonoran Desert with the beautiful Saguaro Cactus in the foreground and distant lines of mountains in the distance.
Thank you. We stopped on our hike for a few moments, I looked out, and retrieved my camera for the very reasons you cited.

---------- Post added 01-04-21 at 11:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Very nice shot. It captures that living-in-Tucson feel.
I live in Iowa, about 1,600 miles from this shot, which I took just a couple days ago. My folks, and two of my siblings and their families live in Greater Tucson.
My brother, his wife, and one of their daughters kindly took me and my only daughter on this hike. I agree with you about the living-in-Tucson feel. I would have no knowledge about what folks in Tucson do, without them. Hiking is one thing they do, but you have to know where to find the trails, which they know. I just carried my camera in case I saw something interesting. Thank you for your kind, thoughtful comment.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 01-07-2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Reference to deleted post