Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
What a Knockout !
Posted By: daacon, 11-15-2008, 11:49 AM

I 'll bet some of you were thinking of a different knockout eh (well I have posted some of my daughter ) Here is my Son. We got him one of those rubber dummies you can beat on. He is thinking of getting into MMA and well, better this guy than me as a sparing partner !

The Introduction
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3036/3031851445_fe57926725_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Elbow smash
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/3031852589_7f03a83197_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

This is gonna hurt
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/3031853765_795c038d4d_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Intense
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3229/3032698116_912dab6445_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

This is quite a workout. I went a few rounds with the guy and he never tiers whereas me well let's just say after round two - I had to go upstairs and find a beer in the fridge !
Views: 1,431
11-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
He certainly seems to be enjoying his recreational activities.
11-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
Igilligan

Just in time...

Looks like you got that thing just in the nick of time! That boy has some pent up aggression.... better the dummy, than the walls!

You got a nasty dust bunny on those shots though.... just dont tell him I told you.
11-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
Inactive Account

#2 & #3 show the vengeance he puts into it. Good Job. I like the way you captured the determination. He's really in it to win it.

11-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Wow. have you ever taken him on!! Old guys like us never fight fair so youshould be able to get uncle out of him!! JIMBO
11-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
Damn Brit

Ok, I'm not breaking into your house until he leaves home.
11-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

If you want to pull a good gag on him sometime, hide the real dummy and in its place put one of those bottom-weighted inflatable punching dummies they sell for kids. You know, the kind that you punch and then they stand back up by themselves. They were generally Bozo the Clown when I was a kid. Do they even still make those things?

11-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #8

He looks like he could really knock the heck out of that thing Dave! And I think he would mean it with every punch!! Try some shots with him hitting it at about 1/10 to 1/20 second (maybe longer) shutter speed and see if you can't get some indication of good movement! In available light of course w/tripod.

-Morg
11-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
He certainly seems to be enjoying his recreational activities.
Thansk ftpaddict - he does it was his birthday yesterday and he had some freinds over last night I could hear the abuse throughout the night

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Looks like you got that thing just in the nick of time! That boy has some pent up aggression.... better the dummy, than the walls!
You got a nasty dust bunny on those shots though.... just dont tell him I told you.
Thansk Gus ! You are right I know your kids are younger wait a bit you'll see the teenage agnst first had And you are so right about the dust thanks! I have since used the rocket blower , mirror lock up and I think I am good now.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rudi Quote
#2 & #3 show the vengeance he puts into it. Good Job. I like the way you captured the determination. He's really in it to win it.
Thnaks Rudi - he was really into it for sure and I heard some of those punches ouch ! He is about 5'11" 200lbs so he carries some power.
11-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Wow. have you ever taken him on!! Old guys like us never fight fair so youshould be able to get uncle out of him!! JIMBO
Ha Ha Thanks Jimbo - I still beat him in an arm wrestle but I have declined the last couple - of course I coud take him like you said we fight dirty ! Besides I still pay the bills - But he is a pretty stong lad for sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Ok, I'm not breaking into your house until he leaves home.
Ha Ha Thanks Gary - that is the next dream that the kids actually leave home - THis is his last year in High School. Then I think off to anotehr post secondary for welding I think - so a few more years yet. The dog is too old now so you are right he is the built in defense system.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
If you want to pull a good gag on him sometime, hide the real dummy and in its place put one of those bottom-weighted inflatable punching dummies they sell for kids. You know, the kind that you punch and then they stand back up by themselves. They were generally Bozo the Clown when I was a kid. Do they even still make those things?
THansk Mike - yes they do and he use to have one when he was younger - but he destroyed it. I hope he does not destry this one cause it was considerably more expensive than Bozo the clown and it was eating into my LBA !!!

QuoteOriginally posted by wa5am Quote
He looks like he could really knock the heck out of that thing Dave! And I think he would mean it with every punch!! Try some shots with him hitting it at about 1/10 to 1/20 second (maybe longer) shutter speed and see if you can't get some indication of good movement! In available light of course w/tripod.
-Morg
Thanks Morg I think there will be some more photo opps for sure with this one. Good idea thanks.