Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
SMC Pentax DA10-17mm F4 Fisheye Zoom Lens
Posted By: Mans Hagberg, 01-10-2021, 03:40 AM

A lens for special purposes. Mine is for the APS format.

It is invaluable for rainbows, haloes and other ultra-wide sights. A double rainbow (102 degrees in diameter) fits comfortably in the APS format. It shows off-center round shapes with less deformations than other ultra-wide lenses. Off-center straight lines are bent and so need special care when composing a picture.

It is good for interior shots in cramped spaces and occasionally for special effects.

The new version of this lens can be used on a FF camera like the Pentax K1.

Link:

SMC Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye ED [IF] Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 266
05-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mans Hagberg Quote

It is invaluable for rainbows, haloes and other ultra-wide sights. A double rainbow (102 degrees in diameter) fits comfortably in the APS format. It shows off-center round shapes with less deformations than other ultra-wide lenses. Off-center straight lines are bent and so need special care when composing a picture.

It is good for interior shots in cramped spaces and occasionally for special effects.

Link:

SMC Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye ED [IF] Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
wow! incredible sun dog and really cool fishy effect well done love the composition
05-17-2021, 03:03 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Ice crystals in the atmosphere!
05-18-2021, 08:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mans Hagberg Quote

Link:

I prefer the rectilinear view that my Sigma 10-20mm lens {which was my nomination} gives my "APS-C" body - but you give a good explanation of your case.

05-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very cool - mysterious and spooky!

Jer
02-06-2022, 12:27 PM   #6
Forum Member

I actually have one of these for sale (I couldnt' post on classifieds, but PM me for the ebay link) ... this lens has created some of my FAVORITE pictures to date . .

One aspect that doesn't get enough love is it ia Macro Focusing with a 180 field of view ... so you can get right up into something, and still the environment surrounding it to give context.

will give a great deal to a fellow Pentaxian here

I'm only selling to help fund a GRiii purchase .. if I carry a big DSLR with me, it's the Z .. so this excellent lens needs a new home

---------- Post added 02-06-22 at 01:33 PM ----------

Taken on a moving subway, through glass over the Manhattan Bridge .. .

Macro focusing (only 3-4" away from the statue nose)

at 17mm the fisheye effect goes away, the SMC coating gives excellent color

Last edited by loji; 02-06-2022 at 12:34 PM.