Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rise of the Monday Morning Ghoul...
Posted By: photo_mom, 10-12-2006, 05:38 PM

Hi!

Last Monday morning, the ghoulish spirits got an early start on Halloween! Take a look at the ephemeral sprite at the top right above the leaf. (It's actually the dew being turned to steam by the sun but it does make some spooky patterns. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't see them. I see things nobody else sees regularly Bwhhaaaa haaa haaaa!!! )

Waking up...

Stretching...

Ghoulish Monday Morning Face!

Getting meaner...

See ya...Wouldn't want to be ya!

Hope you had as much fun with these as I did! All taken with the Pentax M200.

Last edited by photo_mom; 10-12-2006 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Added lens info.
Views: 2,097
10-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting! And nice, saturated colors at that!
10-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Ole!

That old manual 200mm lens does produce some nice colors. I like the feel of it as well. It's really solid but relatively light (well compared to my A*300 at least HA!).
10-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

very intresting, I like it

10-13-2006, 04:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It takes imagination but you got it. Yes I see the figure you're talking about - are you a ghost wisperer too?

Suggestion, for those who don't see it, I suggest a circle around it the next time.
10-13-2006, 04:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
very intresting, I like it
Glad you liked it!
10-13-2006, 05:01 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
It takes imagination but you got it. Yes I see the figure you're talking about - are you a ghost wisperer too?
Shhhh...that part's a secret!

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Suggestion, for those who don't see it, I suggest a circle around it the next time.
Thanks JC! I was going outline the figures in each picture if someone did come back and say 'You're absolutely nuts! There's nothing there but some whisps of steam!' But so far everyone has seen something. I might do the 'See ya...' one just because the figure I see in that one I think is cute.

What might be fun is to ask people to outline what they see in these to see how closely they match to what I've imagined. Hmmmm...

10-13-2006, 06:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Very interesting shots. I hve the M200 F/4 and keep contiplating selling it. I never use it only becuase of the fact I am not used to using the camera in Manual mode. I have used it a few times and the results are amazing but I thing purely by accident. I am holding off as I hope to get the K10 and think I will kick myself for not at least trying it on a body with SR. You may have inspired me to use it a liltte this weekend. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!
10-14-2006, 02:03 AM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Hi!

Last Monday morning, the ghoulish spirits got an early start on Halloween! Take a look at the ephemeral sprite at the top right above the leaf. (It's actually the dew being turned to steam by the sun but it does make some spooky patterns. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't see them. I see things nobody else sees regularly Bwhhaaaa haaa haaaa!!! )

Waking up...

Stretching...

Ghoulish Monday Morning Face!

Getting meaner...

See ya...Wouldn't want to be ya!

Hope you had as much fun with these as I did! All taken with the Pentax M200.
Hi Tracy,
Very interesting shots. I see the spirit has moved you in your quest for finding unnatural sceens . I like the colors and the composition you have here. very interesting. You said you see things no one else does on a regular basis? You know there are some really good drugs out there that can help this (seeing things I mean)
You know when you get to Gettysburg there may be all kind of spirits available. Like from the north and the south. some of them are named Jack Daniels. I find his spirit always brings out some very intense colors and sceens I guess we'll have to see. Only one more week and the colors here have started to change. By next weekend we should have great colors and if you get there early enough or leave late enough you just may see things walking around trying to find their way to eternity.
Again great shots and very good capture.
Good shooting.
Cheers: David