Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
HELP - where can I post LARGE Hi-Res Pano shots ?
Camera: K1-ii Photo Location: Aruba ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: vimlr007, 01-20-2021, 11:41 AM

I have some Lightroom merged pano shots -- process ends up with files over 75Mb JPG from say 5 merged full frame DNG shots.

Posting in Facebook or anywhere else is a waste of time as you cannot scroll around and look at parts -- and even if you save it the resolution reduction makes viewing impossible -- all the detail is gone.

I was hoping to post here -- but again the MB limits prevent it

I have looked at other online options -- but again the ones I found to try limit around 40Mb.

Any suggestions of how to do it easily.

My final aim is to be able to put the pano on FB for friends as I do now -- but then to comment a LINK to where I have have the FULL Hi-RES version they can go and look at if they want to.

HELP !
Views: 303
01-20-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Normally, even a large pano out of 5 shots should be well below 75Mb, you should be able to create a JPG with full resolution and no noticeable loss of detail in half of that size. Other than that, you'd likely have to rent (or use an included quota of some subscription) web server hosting space and put it there yourself.
01-21-2021, 08:05 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
That size was the 100% lightroom export -- I will play with less and see what I can get it down to without loss ...
01-21-2021, 08:18 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vimlr007 Quote
That size was the 100% lightroom export -- I will play with less and see what I can get it down to without loss ...
The parameters to watch out for in my opinion are de-noising and potentially JPEG compression level - you should still be able to fit full resolution into 40MB with plenty of detail. Noise by definition is impossible to compress.