Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
House names
Lens: DA 55-300 ED PLM WR RE Camera: KP 
Posted By: stevejo, 01-22-2021, 02:58 AM

Just for a change I went round a few local streets to capture the name plaques on Victorian houses and a couple of fill ins. Made for an interesting compilation. I didn't get accosted by anyone for poking a telephoto at their houses fortunately!

IMGP1047
Views: 1,463
01-22-2021, 03:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What a great idea and interesting to see the different styles, it could make a good framed picture.
01-22-2021, 07:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SimonC Quote
What a great idea and interesting to see the different styles, it could make a good framed picture.
Thanks Simon, that is what I had in mind. It was great that this was just two streets in Rugby (plus the Post Office).
06-17-2021, 07:30 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
Just for a change I went round a few local streets to capture the name plaques on Victorian houses and a couple of fill ins. Made for an interesting compilation. I didn't get accosted by anyone for poking a telephoto at their houses fortunately!

IMGP1047
Interesting idea !

06-17-2021, 07:38 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote

IMGP1047
Very interesting! I have always thought it odd (quaint, interesting, puzzling...) that in the UK so many houses have actual names and those names are part of the address. It's not common here in the US, we have boring, prosaic house "numbers" instead.