Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Plastic Fantastic
Posted By: Syb, 11-16-2008, 03:32 PM

Take a look at my daughter!

Yeah, we are the plastic generation. Our drinks are in plastic, our glasses are plastic, the buttons on our shirts...

What is we run out of plastic!? A drama!!
Views: 4,924
11-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mullet! Mullet!
11-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Admit it... you put that up just to iritate rparmar... dint ya dint ya???
11-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
Syb
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nope.
But I did point him to this for that purpose. I had just put it up!

11-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Love the shot Syb! I see a little "Mulleting" around the cup and glasses though.

c[_]
11-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

This is so much fun. Witty with the title and the photography definitely is some sort of symbolism.
11-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
Syb
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mulleting?

Is this the place for a stupid question? What that? Mulleting?

The only explanation I can imagine in this context is a pixel (or more than one, of course) that has got colour while it should have been / remained in black and white.

Am I correct? If not, please teach me!

11-21-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
Damn Brit

Hey, at least her plastic is colour coordinated.
11-22-2008, 03:01 AM   #9
Syb
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What I meant to ask:

What is meant by the terminology ''mullet''? Is that colour where it should not be?

I tried to google "mullet", and found all kind of weird looking people with short hair on the top, and longer hair on the lower parts of their heads. But that doesn't help me find a connection to this context. So Gary, maybe you can help me out?

Thanks!
11-22-2008, 03:17 AM   #10
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
What I meant to ask:

What is meant by the terminology ''mullet''? Is that colour where it should not be?

I tried to google "mullet", and found all kind of weird looking people with short hair on the top, and longer hair on the lower parts of their heads. But that doesn't help me find a connection to this context. So Gary, maybe you can help me out?

Thanks!
You got me there Syb, I would have said they were talking about hair cuts.

I think mullet (the fish) have small mouths and suck their food, maybe that's what RParmar was going on about.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
11-22-2008, 03:33 AM   #11
Syb
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
I see a little "Mulleting" around the cup and glasses though.
This was the quote I referred to. Is this "mullet" the same semantics as in the quote I found on "ratemymullet.com"? :
QuoteQuote:
What is a mullet?

What a question! Almost everyone knows what a mullet is by now, its popularity has risen greatly in recent times - not the popularity of the instance of the mullet (which has remained at a constant plateau for several millennia), but rather the youth-backlash towards it. Leading scienticians say that anti-mullet sentiments have risen a staggering 437% in the past 5 years alone.

What is it anyways? To say that the mullet is a hairstyle barely even scratches the surface of the issue. The mullet is a way of life, it is a state of mind, it is every person who wears it. Physically it is characterized by short hair on the top, front, and sides of the head, followed by a long drape of hair on the back, reaching at least to the middle of the spine. Typical accessories to the mullet include moustaches, scraggly beards and/or goatees, and sunglasses. Research on the mullet phenomena, at this stage, is still in its infancy. However it is suggested by many top laboratories that the mullet, as it slowly reaches maturity, begins to grow tentacles into the brain of the victim. which affect several areas of the brain and fundamentally alter the candidate's actions and behavioural responses. Said behavioural changes mainly include extreme agression, the proclivity to consume large amounts of alcohol, pedophilia, lack of hygeine, dramatic reduction in inhibitions (often bolstered by the consumption of alcohol), sense of paranoia and distrust towards authority/governmental figures, and most importantly - steadily decreasing IQ levels. I would stress that these are only preliminary details however, and the controversial nature of the theory renders it unsuitable for mass publication.

Now, why would any human being willingly decide, of their own freewill, to wear the mullet? Well, let us not discount the many advantages of the hairstyle. It is widely known that the instance of the mullet in any given area is inversely proportional to average annual income. There is little to no maintenance required to preserve the mullet, and the costs involved are much lower than that of most other hairstyles. Subjects need not even wash the mullet for long periods of time, nor groom it in the morning, though many do meticulously attend to their mullet as an issue of pride and beauty - still the costs are indeed negligible. Also the mullet insulates the subject's neck, keeping him or her warm through the cold winter nights. The other important advantage of the mullet is that it offers it's host the freedom of both worlds of work and leisure. The subject appears to be a normal human being from the front, unencumbered by long hair over the face, and also appears to be a "party animal" from behind, with the long flowing locks. Hence, the "business in the front, party in the back" mentality. One is free to be taken seriously in the world of work, and, when the opportunity arises, is also free to "let loose" and "go wild - ape style." But let us get to the harsh reality of the mullet. It looks horrible, I cannot stress that enough. Wearing a mullet makes you look like a complete and total fool, and instantly makes you much poorer and less intelligent. I mean, there must be a sad lack of intelligence and self-worth to begin with if a person is to decide to grow a mullet. Hey! Do something about that mullet! It looks so ****ing stupid! Get your ass to the barber's shop and tell him you're sick of lookin' like an *******!
11-22-2008, 05:11 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I think mullet (the fish) have small mouths and suck their food, maybe that's what RParmar was going on about.
LOL!

For those left downstream, "mullet" is a term introduced in "that other thread" by someone other than myself (ahem) for images of a type we might personally hate. This thread was cross-posted to me there in a specific attempt to bait me which, though it seemed a little fishy, I took hook, line and sinker. The OP was undoubtedly fishing.

To those who thought I would not sink to these depths I can only say...

Gill-ty as charged!
01-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Well played, Syb.

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
What I meant to ask:

Thanks!
My take was the other thread is referring to 'Mullets' being out of fashion these days (to the vast majority of humankind ) and so should selective desaturation.

It depends upon the image to me
01-31-2009, 08:52 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Nice concept! What I like most is the expression in the girls face!