Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ancient stone building, Quebec, CANADA
Lens: FA 50 mm f/1.7 Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA Aperture: F8 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 02-07-2021, 05:37 AM

Views: 512
02-07-2021, 06:34 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ancient by North American standards in any case.

That's very large for a field stone structure.

Thanks for posting.
02-07-2021, 07:53 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Would you believe this building was in ruins and totally abandonned just 20 years ago. The Municipality created a "Historical Fund" and rebuilt this 1735 house as well as the Old flour mill nearby.

Best Regards, my friend !
02-07-2021, 08:07 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Would you believe this building was in ruins and totally abandonned just 20 years ago. The Municipality created a "Historical Fund" and rebuilt this 1735 house as well as the Old flour mill nearby.

Best Regards, my friend !
Surprising for NA communities... we are more slash and burn types.

02-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ancient by North American standards in any case.
Somehow the terms "stone building", "Canada" and "ancient" didn't want to fit together in my head. But with a North American perspective ...
Anyway it's indeed a remarkably restored old building, the field stones' warm tones really shine in the low winter sun.
02-13-2021, 06:49 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
Somehow the terms "stone building", "Canada" and "ancient" didn't want to fit together in my head. But with a North American perspective ...
Anyway it's indeed a remarkably restored old building, the field stones' warm tones really shine in the low winter sun.
As they say, in Europe 100 miles is a long way, in North America 100 years is a long time.

There's a similar building, maybe bit smaller on the way to Huntsville where we shop sometimes, if there's ever an "Ancient by North American standards field stone buildings" thread I'll grab an image of it. I've been meaning to take an image for a very long time. Maybe this image will inspire me to stop the car.
« I think | Take Away »