Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Rally Sweden - My Journey over the Years
Lens: Sigma 100-300mm f4 Camera: Pentax K5, Pentax K3, Pentax K3II, Pentax K-r Photo Location: Rally Sweden 
Posted By: red5isalive, 02-10-2021, 01:16 PM

Dear friends,

This year there will be not Rally Sweden 2021 event due to the Covid, so I decided to collect my photos together, pick the best ones I have made yearly from 2013 to 2020 and I have put them together.
Actually I've made a magazine "on demand" (you can check it here if you like: Rally Sweden - My journey over the years de Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera | Libros de Blurb España). I made it for me, but anybody can buy it.

Anyways let me share some of the images I like from the ones chosen, there are many more so i'll be able to upload more if you like those ones.

Br,

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 629
02-10-2021, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the photos. They are wonderful.

This takes me back 60 years when my brother and I used to compete in U.S. rallies – quite a bit different as they were time-speed-distance events. They were always amateur events and always on public roads so participants had to obey all local speed limits or be at their own peril. I recall a 12-hour event one snowy January night. We were tooling along the winding dirt roads of the Poconos Mountains in our Triumph TR-3, following a Jag XKE. My brother, who was driving, kept exclaiming how great the Jag was handling the curvy roads and snow. Finally, after about 15 to 20 minutes, I said to him, "Wes, he may be going great, but so are you. He hasn't gained an inch on us." It was a good lesson in how the pre-conceived affects perception.

Your photos get my juices flowing. But the truth is I moved to Houston, Texas 40 years ago, and I haven't seen any snow since. And at my age I would never again presume to drive in it.
02-10-2021, 04:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
Thanks for the photos. They are wonderful.

This takes me back 60 years when my brother and I used to compete in U.S. rallies – quite a bit different as they were time-speed-distance events. They were always amateur events and always on public roads so participants had to obey all local speed limits or be at their own peril. I recall a 12-hour event one snowy January night. We were tooling along the winding dirt roads of the Poconos Mountains in our Triumph TR-3, following a Jag XKE. My brother, who was driving, kept exclaiming how great the Jag was handling the curvy roads and snow. Finally, after about 15 to 20 minutes, I said to him, "Wes, he may be going great, but so are you. He hasn't gained an inch on us." It was a good lesson in how the pre-conceived affects perception.

Your photos get my juices flowing. But the truth is I moved to Houston, Texas 40 years ago, and I haven't seen any snow since. And at my age I would never again presume to drive in it.
Hi Don,
First of all thanks for sharing your experience, sounds like so so much fun! I haven't driven much on snow and to be honest I'm from a sunny country like may it be in Texas, as I am from Barcelona. Luckily the old Europe is "small" and so I can afford to visit Sweden once a year (or was able to before the covid situation).

Those memories you share are the true spirit of Rally I believe, and overall are great moments, you should be proud of having been able to live them with your brother!
Snow.... well for me its nice for a copule days seing rallycars going by, but this is it. I won't like to have it around for months, to be honest.

I am glad you liked them and if I can i'll be posting more
02-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What an exciting series!! A very bright spot in my day!

Jer

02-10-2021, 10:01 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Thank you for posting. An excellent photographic series of rallying.

We don't get much in the ways of rallying out here, but I do appreciate seeing pictures.

I recall first seeing rally pictures back in Road & Track magazine when I was about 14. It was the mid '60's and Henry N. Manney covered the Monte Carlo Rally, with plenty of pics of the Ford Falcon V8's, Mini-Coopers, 2 stroke SAABs, Volvo PV 544s and a20 series (Amazons) and a few French cars. Quite exciting. About the same time I went to evening parking area when the Shell 4000 was running across parts of Canada, in the '60's. Some very interesting rally cars to see, back then.
02-10-2021, 11:50 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What an exciting series!! A very bright spot in my day!

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Thank you for posting. An excellent photographic series of rallying.

We don't get much in the ways of rallying out here, but I do appreciate seeing pictures.

I recall first seeing rally pictures back in Road & Track magazine when I was about 14. It was the mid '60's and Henry N. Manney covered the Monte Carlo Rally, with plenty of pics of the Ford Falcon V8's, Mini-Coopers, 2 stroke SAABs, Volvo PV 544s and a20 series (Amazons) and a few French cars. Quite exciting. About the same time I went to evening parking area when the Shell 4000 was running across parts of Canada, in the '60's. Some very interesting rally cars to see, back then.
Thank you guys.
Keep the stories coming, those are great experiences

Yeah those big cars with V8 engines sound like interesting cars to raly with (at least on European trails that use to be quite narrow).