Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
A whole new world
Lens: Samyang 24mm, Pentax DFA150-450mm Camera: K-1, K-3 Photo Location: It Skoar, the Netherlands ISO: 100 Aperture: F9 
Posted By: Fries, 02-21-2021, 04:11 PM

You guy's in the US know everything about the weather turning wintery. But in Europe we also had a cold spell with some snow. It has been years in my part of the Netherlands since we had something resembling a proper winter. And it is wonderful because the places I am most familiar with for my photography on and near the coast of the Waddensea were looking rather different. Without knowing that I already had some free time lined up and took advantage of that 'new' world. These are the best results of three day's of shooting.

Cheers,

Remco

1. Old wood sticking out of the snow

2. Fencing in the snow

3. From snow to sea ice

4. Light at the end

5. Islands end panorama. Made with three photo's with the K-3 and the DFA150-450mm.

Views: 613
02-21-2021, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
It has been years in my part of the Netherlands since we had something resembling a proper winter
Just feel free to pop across the water to the Highlands here... we can normally oblige you with such conditions.

It certainly make familiar places, feel like brand new ones.
02-21-2021, 04:24 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Just feel free to pop across the water to the Highlands here... we can normally oblige you with such conditions.

It certainly make familiar places, feel like brand new ones.
Would love to!
02-21-2021, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Would love to!
Hopefully when things get back to more stable scenario... the way things are going at the moment, it will be Winter time here again.

02-21-2021, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It has been years in my part of the Netherlands since we had something resembling a proper winter.
Awesome pictures, @Fries! Wonderful light and interesting scenes.

I always enjoy wintry scenes -- the snowier, the better! Of course, we in Canada 'enjoy' five months of it. But, there is nothing like a sunny, crisp mid-winter day.

- Craig
02-21-2021, 04:49 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Hopefully when things get back to more stable scenario... the way things are going at the moment, it will be Winter time here again.
I feel your pain... Hang in there! As long as we as ordinary citizens keep our wits about us and the vaccination rate is rising we do stand a chance to end this as soon as possible.

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Awesome pictures, @Fries! Wonderful light and interesting scenes.

I always enjoy wintry scenes -- the snowier, the better! Of course, we in Canada 'enjoy' five months of it. But, there is nothing like a sunny, crisp mid-winter day.

- Craig
Thanks Craig! I agree and remember when I was young and growing up near a big lake hearing loud bangs in the night when the ice shifted because the wind picked up. During the short, winter days we skated over the canals and lakes trough cities and villages. Everybody was on the ice it seemed. A good winter beats every hot summer in my book... Unfortunately that ratio between those has been rather unbalanced the last ten to fifteen years.
02-21-2021, 04:55 PM - 1 Like   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Hang in there!
Agreed you too... I'm in the second wave apparently for "old buggers" to get their vaccination, first jag scheduled for early March.

02-21-2021, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots Remco! I love the colors in the third image, particularly the beautiful blues of the snow contrasting with the oranges of the sky.
02-22-2021, 12:55 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Great shots Remco! I love the colors in the third image, particularly the beautiful blues of the snow contrasting with the oranges of the sky.
Thanks Todd! On the other side the sky turned pink. Somehow you never get those colors when it is not that cold.