Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Found Overly Rusty, Dead
Lens: 28mm smc-a Camera: K3 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: bobbotron, 02-26-2021, 09:38 PM

Views: 342
02-26-2021, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

For a moment there, when first reading the title....I thought you were talking about a Ford.
02-27-2021, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Found Overly Rusty, Dead
Clever play on words to go with a great image.
02-27-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very cool shot! F-O-R-D stands for First On Race Day!

Jer

02-27-2021, 10:10 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually FORD means Found On The Road Dead.
02-27-2021, 10:45 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fix or repair daily
02-27-2021, 10:46 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ford also stands for Fix Or Repair Daily, but it is better than FIAT Fix It Again Tony
02-27-2021, 11:08 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clever lighting and processing to make the transparent parts of the instrument panel opaque. If I look at the top of the photo, it looks like a shattered glass windshield, but the steering column has been removed, so my question is this part of a wreck or is the dash sitting by itself somewhere? Something from a mid-sixties plain Jane Ford? By the way, this is another fine example of an image that really should be viewed at a larger resolution (by following the Flickr link) to appreciate the detail and texture you have captured.

02-27-2021, 11:30 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
ford also stands for Fix Or Repair Daily, but it is better than FIAT Fix It Again Tony
Yes my fiat was a disappointment .
02-27-2021, 12:50 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spelled backwards, it means "Driver Returned On Foot" .
02-27-2021, 01:40 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Clever lighting and processing to make the transparent parts of the instrument panel opaque. If I look at the top of the photo, it looks like a shattered glass windshield, but the steering column has been removed, so my question is this part of a wreck or is the dash sitting by itself somewhere? Something from a mid-sixties plain Jane Ford? By the way, this is another fine example of an image that really should be viewed at a larger resolution (by following the Flickr link) to appreciate the detail and texture you have captured.
Thanks for the kind words. I agree, there are some neat details at larger resolution. This is part of a wreck left in the woods behind my house. It's just the cab, the engine bay and back of it is gone. I'll have to check again, but there's a date in the door, I think it's mid 70s.

I painted it with a flashlight, some white key light and then a touch of red light, using a piece of ruby lith gel over a light painting brush hood. The ruby lith cuts the light a lot, but it provides a wonderful diffuse light.

---------- Post added 02-27-21 at 03:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Clever play on words to go with a great image.
Thanks Kerrowdown!
02-27-2021, 06:46 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote

This is the cab, taken the same night. I have a really hard time creating good "light fog", have to go back to the drawing board.

Last edited by bobbotron; 02-27-2021 at 07:04 PM.