Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Strange picture pattern
Lens: 35 mm, SMC Pentax DA 18-135mm Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Rovaniemi, Finnland ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: Hans Dahl, 02-28-2021, 09:35 AM

Hi Guys,
looking through the images I shot in Jan. 2020 in Finnland I noticed a strange pattern on the two images attached. I wonder, if anyone could help me with the cause for these patterns. The shots was taken on a tripod with 30 sec. exposure time. It was very cold. Having said that, I do not think that the cold could have anything to do with it, because all other pictures came out just fine. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Hans D. Dahl

---------- Post added 02-28-21 at 09:39 AM ----------

Hi,
I can't believe it, after uploading the images I cannot see the pattern I have been talking about. I guess the image resolution is reduced for upload?
The original images have a volume of 7.9 - 8.6 MB.

I will try to get an image of only a section of the photographs and post them later.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 276
02-28-2021, 09:44 AM   #2

Original Poster
Hi,
I took a section of the photo and will post it here.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-28-2021, 04:17 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Hans Dahl Quote
Hi, I took a section of the photo and will post it here.
Are we talking about the fine darker blue vertical stripes?

These appear only appear on a small selection of images, did you try other memory cards... to rule out this as an impending card failure/issue?
03-03-2021, 10:04 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Are we talking about the fine darker blue vertical stripes?

These appear only appear on a small selection of images, did you try other memory cards... to rule out this as an impending card failure/issue?
Thanks for answering. All other images on the same SD card were fine.

There are horizontal and vertical blue/white lines in one image and in the other there are lines in the light below the moon.
Thanks anyway.

03-03-2021, 11:07 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Hans Dahl Quote
Thanks for answering. All other images on the same SD card were fine.

There are horizontal and vertical blue/white lines in one image and in the other there are lines in the light below the moon.
Thanks anyway.
Have you tried a different memory card?

It still sounds like a partially corrupting card to me, which will only get worse over time until it ultimately fails completely. You can confirm this by seeing if other cards show the same symptoms.