Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My Cold War 'Limited' ? * Helios-44M
Posted By: Igilligan, 11-18-2008, 03:37 PM

I just buried these in the Soviet Lens Club thread but I had to show my non soviet lens club members...

I am so happy with this cheap 'kit' lens. I have posted a bunch of test shots with it in other threads since I got it a couple of weeks ago..

But these are really my first work schnaportraits with it. I am loving this little lens. Not sure I have ever had this much fun with a 20 dollar lens.

Helios-44-M

And a couple of the lens...

Anyone interested in the Helios 44-M here are my first test threads with it.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/41578-helios-44-random-images.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/41580-anti-fall-colors-post.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/40719-helios-44-m-first-test-shots.html

I promise to stop continuously singing the Song of the Russian Lens... soon
Views: 3,252
11-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow that's a sharp lens Gus ! Excellent shots. Did it come with that monster bullet ?
11-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yikes! That is one beat-up looking Super Program! The Helios looks pretty good though

Steve
11-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Wow that's a sharp lens Gus ! Excellent shots. Did it come with that monster bullet ?
Dave, it did not come with the 50mm.... I just tossed it in for the Cold War theme It is a pretty sharp little kit though....

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yikes! That is one beat-up looking Super Program! The Helios looks pretty good though

Steve
I does look like the Super Program actually was in the War!

11-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
Damn Brit

That's great Gus, it really does produce great results in your hands.
11-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #6
jeffkpotter

Holy wow! That lens is bullet-proof. A true jewel. Love the shots. I want one ---Jeff
PS. What are you doing with munitions and Hawaiian-looking idols? You are such an American!
11-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots. Looks like 20 dollars well spent. Goes to show that one doesn't need to spend thousands on glass to get some great pictures.

11-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
Igilligan

My Aim is True

WARNING ! For no good reason, from now on... all my thread titles will be song titles....
-edit- now to include movie titles also

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
That's great Gus, it really does produce great results in your hands.
You are too kind mr damn brit... wanna swap the Nokton with the Helios for a week? I want to get my hands on that baby so bad..................
I do have a question I am gonna pm you about...

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
Holy wow! That lens is bullet-proof. A true jewel. Love the shots. I want one ---Jeff
PS. What are you doing with munitions and Hawaiian-looking idols? You are such an American!
Hey Jeff,
I was attempting a photo op with some cold war relics, as a nod to the Helios...
But let's see, I ended up with a Japanese camera, a Russian lens, a pacific Island carved stone idol, and a 50mm munition.... Sounds more like the Big War not the cold war...

And as to your question of what I am doing with the munitions and the Idol... Well when this world economy collapses and the revolutions begin... I will be prayin' to the all the gods and have my big ole back up bullets just in case!!!!
ha ha, man I do sound all-american.

Actually, grandpa was a foot soldier in WWII and these were in his trunk when I was a lad.

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Nice shots. Looks like 20 dollars well spent. Goes to show that one doesn't need to spend thousands on glass to get some great pictures.
That is what I love about these flawed yet fun Pentax cams... the old lenses are a treasure trove, and when you stumble on one that works for you.... the problems seem to melt away. Who cares about AF issues when you can't use AF

I find some of the old lenses really do have a "look" to them... and some looks work better than others... plus when you feel like gettin' all modern, there are some great options there too...

Thanks for the kind words

Last edited by Igilligan; 11-19-2008 at 11:41 AM.