Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Snow Capped Mountains
Lens: Tamron 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Trinidad, Colo. 
Posted By: mroeder75, 03-04-2021, 10:02 PM

I am guessing we are 50-miles away from these mountains, although a local from Trinidad can correct me on distance. We were driving through Trinidad, Colorado and stopped for photos of this beautiful scene. This is handheld, so at age 63, please don't be too critical. It is as good at it gets for me handheld at this distance.

I traveled over 1,500 miles to retrieve my vaccinated 25-year old daughter from Tucson, Arizona from her PT internship, to return her to Iowa. Next week she starts an internship in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. I am too young to be vaccinated.

Last edited by mroeder75; 03-04-2021 at 11:22 PM.
Views: 324
03-05-2021, 10:52 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great capture. Snow capped mountains with clear blue sky. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by MikeNArk; 03-05-2021 at 07:52 PM.
03-07-2021, 09:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Great capture. Snow capped mountains with clear blue sky. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for commenting!
03-25-2021, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those are the Purgatoire Mountains, about 35 miles west of Trinidad. There is a drop-dead gorgeous route from Trinidad west to Stonewall and north over the Spanish Peaks and down to Cuchara, then to La Veta. Colorado Rt-12 is a great scenic by-way to take if you're in the area. We often will escape the torrid heat of our state to spend some cooling off time in Cuchara. The below pic was taken just south of La Veta looking west toward the Purgatoire Range. By September there wasn't much snow left...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by Geodude; 03-25-2021 at 02:08 PM.
03-27-2021, 11:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Geodude Quote
Those are the Purgatoire Mountains, about 35 miles west of Trinidad. There is a drop-dead gorgeous route from Trinidad west to Stonewall and north over the Spanish Peaks and down to Cuchara, then to La Veta. Colorado Rt-12 is a great scenic by-way to take if you're in the area. We often will escape the torrid heat of our state to spend some cooling off time in Cuchara. The below pic was taken just south of La Veta looking west toward the Purgatoire Range. By September there wasn't much snow left...
I had no idea what they were. thank you for the description. My 25-year old daughter said we had to stop and photograph this scene.