Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Red Belly out back
Lens: PentaxáDA*á300 mm f 4ááED Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Langhorne, PA ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: gwpurvis3, 03-29-2021, 06:44 AM

Recently purchased a Pentax*DA**300 mm* f 4**ED for my K3. Running some sharpness tests with the Spyder LensCal. Had to adjust fine tuning slightly, and play with the AF.C and AF.S, but I think I have it dialed in now. Post production work done in Lightroom Classic and PhotoShop 2021.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 263
03-29-2021, 09:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Posts: 14,076
Very nice - good detail in the feathers too
03-29-2021, 10:12 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Goldsboro North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,023
Nice image of one of the birds that frequent my feeder. The EXIF data for this image shows a posted jpeg quality of only 85%. This is probably because the image height exceeds 800 pixels, at least that has been my experience. The website compresses images that exceed a certain size. My guess is that the image looks better on your computer than it does on the website, assuming you save your jpegs at 100% quality. If this is true, you might try posting the same image cropped to 800 pix high and see if it looks better here. Then we'll have a better idea of how sharp it really is.
03-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Des's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sth Gippsland Victoria Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,114
Nice shot. I'd suggest cross-posting to the 300mm+ thread and the yard birds thread.
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
My guess is that the image looks better on your computer than it does on the website, assuming you save your jpegs at 100% quality. If this is true, you might try posting the same image cropped to 800 pix high and see if it looks better here. Then we'll have a better idea of how sharp it really is.
That's one reason why many of us use a third party host like Flickr and post our images from there. Especially for shots of birds and other wildlife where you want as much detail as possible.

03-30-2021, 05:28 AM   #5
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Nice shot. I'd suggest cross-posting to the 300mm+ thread and the yard birds thread.

That's one reason why many of us use a third party host like Flickr and post our images from there. Especially for shots of birds and other wildlife where you want as much detail as possible.
thank you.

---------- Post added 03-30-21 at 05:29 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
Nice image of one of the birds that frequent my feeder. The EXIF data for this image shows a posted jpeg quality of only 85%. This is probably because the image height exceeds 800 pixels, at least that has been my experience. The website compresses images that exceed a certain size. My guess is that the image looks better on your computer than it does on the website, assuming you save your jpegs at 100% quality. If this is true, you might try posting the same image cropped to 800 pix high and see if it looks better here. Then we'll have a better idea of how sharp it really is.
thanks . will do.

---------- Post added 03-30-21 at 05:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Very nice - good detail in the feathers too
thank you
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
300mm, autofocus, bird, birds, camera, detail, image, images, photo, post, quality, red belly woodpecker, sharp focus, sharp lens, thread, website, woodpecker
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Red Belly OnTheWeb Post Your Photos! 6 01-06-2014 12:30 PM
Another Obama Investment Goes Belly Up mikemike General Talk 14 10-17-2012 12:35 PM
People Ban belly dancer? psychdoc Photo Critique 10 08-12-2011 02:04 PM
People Belly dancer Zav Post Your Photos! 9 04-19-2011 01:43 AM
Streets Belly Button (and more streetshots) Rense Post Your Photos! 5 09-25-2010 08:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top