Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Red Belly out back
Lens: PentaxáDA*á300 mm f 4ááED Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Langhorne, PA ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: gwpurvis3, 03-29-2021, 06:44 AM

Recently purchased a Pentax*DA**300 mm* f 4**ED for my K3. Running some sharpness tests with the Spyder LensCal. Had to adjust fine tuning slightly, and play with the AF.C and AF.S, but I think I have it dialed in now. Post production work done in Lightroom Classic and PhotoShop 2021.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 263
03-29-2021, 09:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Very nice - good detail in the feathers too
03-29-2021, 10:12 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice image of one of the birds that frequent my feeder. The EXIF data for this image shows a posted jpeg quality of only 85%. This is probably because the image height exceeds 800 pixels, at least that has been my experience. The website compresses images that exceed a certain size. My guess is that the image looks better on your computer than it does on the website, assuming you save your jpegs at 100% quality. If this is true, you might try posting the same image cropped to 800 pix high and see if it looks better here. Then we'll have a better idea of how sharp it really is.
03-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice shot. I'd suggest cross-posting to the 300mm+ thread and the yard birds thread.
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
My guess is that the image looks better on your computer than it does on the website, assuming you save your jpegs at 100% quality. If this is true, you might try posting the same image cropped to 800 pix high and see if it looks better here. Then we'll have a better idea of how sharp it really is.
That's one reason why many of us use a third party host like Flickr and post our images from there. Especially for shots of birds and other wildlife where you want as much detail as possible.

03-30-2021, 05:28 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Nice shot. I'd suggest cross-posting to the 300mm+ thread and the yard birds thread.

That's one reason why many of us use a third party host like Flickr and post our images from there. Especially for shots of birds and other wildlife where you want as much detail as possible.
thank you.

---------- Post added 03-30-21 at 05:29 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
Nice image of one of the birds that frequent my feeder. The EXIF data for this image shows a posted jpeg quality of only 85%. This is probably because the image height exceeds 800 pixels, at least that has been my experience. The website compresses images that exceed a certain size. My guess is that the image looks better on your computer than it does on the website, assuming you save your jpegs at 100% quality. If this is true, you might try posting the same image cropped to 800 pix high and see if it looks better here. Then we'll have a better idea of how sharp it really is.
thanks . will do.

---------- Post added 03-30-21 at 05:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Very nice - good detail in the feathers too
thank you