Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
11 Likes  
RAAF 100 Flypast
Posted By: RobG, 03-30-2021, 11:10 PM

Today (the 31st of March 2021) is the 100th anniversary of the Royal Australian Air Force. To celebrate, the RAAF had a flypast of about 60 aircraft.

Roulettes
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

---------- Post added 31-03-21 at 05:11 PM ----------

Roulettes

---------- Post added 31-03-21 at 05:11 PM ----------

Roulettes

---------- Post added 31-03-21 at 05:12 PM ----------

I've never seen two Airbus A330 aircraft flying in formation before. OK, these are somewhat modified - the KC30 MRTT tanker transport with two F18 Hornets.

RAAF KC30 MRTT with F18

---------- Post added 31-03-21 at 05:13 PM ----------

Super Hornets and Growlers

RAAF Super Hornets

---------- Post added 31-03-21 at 05:15 PM ----------

And a first to see three F35 Lightning II in formation.

RAAF Lightning II
Views: 1,141
04-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
there is this RAAFA aviation heritage museum at suburb of Bullcreek, Perth, WA, and they have this regular thing they do, where they will fire up a Merlin engine they have and have the engine running for a short time.

Cannot recall which day of the week and what's the frequency they do this (or even if they are still continuing this practice cuz it was quite some years ago i visited the place).

quite a spectacle, sight and sound and smells.

Aviation Heritage Museum | Bull Creek, Perth
They run engines, including a Merlin, at the aviation museum at Pt Adelaide also. I’m not sure if this is a regular thing still but they used to have an email list you could join to be notified of the next running day.

04-03-2021, 09:09 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Very impressive photos and the RAAF appears to have a very impressive fleet of aircraft.
04-03-2021, 09:36 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Here's the video - please bear in mind that I was mostly using the DSLR, so the camcorder spent a lot of time set to wide angle on the tripod.

---------- Post added 04-04-21 at 02:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rpjallan Quote
They run engines, including a Merlin, at the aviation museum at Pt Adelaide also. I’m not sure if this is a regular thing still but they used to have an email list you could join to be notified of the next running day.
Cool!

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Very impressive photos and the RAAF appears to have a very impressive fleet of aircraft.
Thanks! I think the RAAF has made some good choices on aircraft. I believe the Wedgetail actually evolved from an Australian requirement but is now being adopted elsewhere. I saw an excellent capability demonstration at the Avalon airshow which featured most of the aircraft in the flypast except for the F35, which hadn't arrived at the time.