Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Blossom riot
Lens: Samyang 8mm + Lensbaby Burnside Camera: KP 
Posted By: newmikey, 04-01-2021, 04:43 AM

Every spring we get a present, literally on an average streetcorner in our neighborhood: three small trees which literally explode into blossom. It only stays this way for a very short time and I just have to happen to be around when they blossom but when I do, I feel I hit the jackpot! This year I used, besides the Samyang 8mm fisheye, the Lensbaby Burnside 35mm/f2.8 for its characteristic swirl effect. Due to the direction of the light/sun and the brightness of the sky and blossom, I ran two out of these through Photomatix to retain the clarity and width of brightness and colors (I bracketed all of shots just to make sure). The first one is a straight conversion with Darktable and Gimp.

Views: 347
04-01-2021, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You’ve got the swirl bokeh working very nicely.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brightness, camera, photo