I'm really that wide.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 422
04-02-2021, 08:10 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I can hear it move ...clank...clank.

Like the B+W treatment, really enhances the details and composition, and that machine has a lot of interesting mechanical details. What a robust frame...see numbers 3 and 4.

As per usual my usual insatiable curiosity is triggered, was this a commercial photo you took and the numbers signify ?
04-02-2021, 10:44 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I can hear it move ...clank...clank.

Like the B+W treatment, really enhances the details and composition, and that machine has a lot of interesting mechanical details. What a robust frame...see numbers 3 and 4.

As per usual my usual insatiable curiosity is triggered, was this a commercial photo you took and the numbers signify ?
Thank you for your kind comments.

Aye, aye it was part of equipment shoot... the numbers are to do with the folding mechanism, that reduces the overall width of the machine by bringing the tracks closer together.
04-04-2021, 08:59 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow - an intimidating beast for sure! B&W treatment and composition are perfect. This thing appears to be located in or near a marina, which makes me wonder about its purpose. It doesn't look a thing like the travel lifts that are used to launch, retrieve and move boats around any boat yard I've done business with.

Jer

04-04-2021, 01:34 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow - an intimidating beast for sure! B&W treatment and composition are perfect. This thing appears to be located in or near a marina, which makes me wonder about its purpose. It doesn't look a thing like the travel lifts that are used to launch, retrieve and move boats around any boat yard I've done business with.

Jer
Thank you and your quite correct... it was there at this location for the purpose of the photo shoot.
04-04-2021, 06:43 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wide track for stability. Appears to be a crane. Base width is impressive and is captured very well in your photo. Thanks for posting.
04-05-2021, 12:31 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Wide track for stability. Appears to be a crane. Base width is impressive and is captured very well in your photo. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for your kind comments.

04-05-2021, 07:00 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A very nice black & white image with excellent contrast and details. Well done.
04-05-2021, 08:40 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
A very nice black & white image with excellent contrast and details. Well done.
Thanks for that.