Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Leaving A Wake
Lens: DA* 300/4 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Texas Sea Center ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Sailor, 04-10-2021, 06:35 AM

A determined stilt on the move! Thanks, Les, for suggesting B&W.

Jer

Views: 441
04-11-2021, 01:50 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very good Jer! And the B&W conversion adds some "graphical" element to the shot (whatever that is ...)
04-11-2021, 07:57 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Very good Jer! And the B&W conversion adds some "graphical" element to the shot (whatever that is ...)
Hey, thanks, Norbert!

Jer
04-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

You're welcome Jer.

The B+W treatment ...really sharpens the appearance , the strong contrast and the reflection of this black and white bird .

The details of the water... the increased definition of the little wavelets and the increased emphasis of the patterns in the water, enhance your photo.

The way you've cropped the photo, leads my eye to the subject...and keeps it there.

I have found myself returning to look at your pix. Very appealing. An elegant composition.

I'm no expert, but in my opinion, this is really an exceptional photograph. I would frame it.

Les

04-11-2021, 06:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very peaceful image - nature seemingly undisturbed. The water trail and ripples behind the bird mark its gentle passage through the water.
04-12-2021, 08:42 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
You're welcome Jer.

The B+W treatment ...really sharpens the appearance , the strong contrast and the reflection of this black and white bird .

The details of the water... the increased definition of the little wavelets and the increased emphasis of the patterns in the water, enhance your photo.

The way you've cropped the photo, leads my eye to the subject...and keeps it there.

I have found myself returning to look at your pix. Very appealing. An elegant composition.

I'm no expert, but in my opinion, this is really an exceptional photograph. I would frame it.

Les
Thanks, Les, for the very kind words - they mean a lot.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
A very peaceful image - nature seemingly undisturbed. The water trail and ripples behind the bird mark its gentle passage through the water.
Thanks very much - I appreciate your nice words.

Jer
04-12-2021, 08:46 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent image Jer! Besides a terrific image of the bird, the patterns in the water really add to it.