Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

* * * bob the ant * * *
Posted By: zenitar, 11-21-2008, 06:34 AM

Hello I'm Wim Meeus from Belgium, Hombeek and I'm new on This forum
( sorry for my bad English )

This pictures are taken fully manual with M42 stuff like a Panagor macroconverter and a SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4.

I hope you like it

Views: 4,765
11-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #31

wow. those were great.

welcome.

11-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think that the second photo is head and shoulders above the first. I mean they're both technically excellent but the second one is other-worldly like it's out of a sci-fi movie. It really blows me away. I'm kind of surprised that those with a preference chose the first.

Zenitar, can you tell us which one you like better?
11-23-2008, 02:19 AM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Workingdog Quote
I think that the second photo is head and shoulders above the first. I mean they're both technically excellent but the second one is other-worldly like it's out of a sci-fi movie. It really blows me away. I'm kind of surprised that those with a preference chose the first.

I agree, second one is magnificent.
11-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #34
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Workingdog Quote

I like them both

The first one was the most difficult shot because the ant was just 1 second in a good position to the waterdroplet. On the second one the ant was maybe a minute of two on position because he liked the syrup

11-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Bob Is Beautiful!

Wow.
And welcome.
I saw these when you first posted and needed to return to them too! Someone describe them, the second in particular, as unearthly or surreal...
I agree.
Some questions:
Just what is a Micro Converter? And what about PP work? Care to share what you did there?
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by metroeloise Quote
Wow.
And welcome.
I saw these when you first posted and needed to return to them too! Someone describe them, the second in particular, as unearthly or surreal...
I agree.
Some questions:
Just what is a Micro Converter? And what about PP work? Care to share what you did there?
Thanks!

The macroconverter converts my 50mm lens to a 100mm, 1/1 macrolens. It's a
2x converter with variable lenght extension tube. Not bad quality, but you loose 2.7stops ( on 1/1) of light with te converter and that is a lot.

Photoshop work: I do only the basic stuff like levels, color balancing, saturation and sharpening, not to much. All the scenes are real and live and done with simple householding materials The two scenes were the same concept: a stone in water and a blue bucket as background. Lighting was done with a home-made softbox on a flash. On Photo 1 you see a "real" reflection in "real" water, no Photoshop. That's what I like about it, you can create a little surreal world with little living creatures.